Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Some Days

Sean's Momma Bear

• Members
Sean's Momma Bear

Some days are okay...but most aren't.  Today isn't.  My son, Sean, was found dead in his apartment on November 27, 2017 from a heroin overdose.  That was the Monday after Thanksgiving.  He had spent Thanksgiving Day celebrating with his dad's family...all his aunts and uncles and cousins.  He had decided to be vegan and he had brought his own food for Thanksgiving Dinner.  I wasn't at that gathering.  The last time I saw my son was on my 60th birthday...November 13, 2017.  He took me to dinner and he was so proud that he could pay for it.  I had always been buying him meals.  He wanted to treat me for my birthday.  We sat in the restaurant for 2 hours talking.  My son had recently returned to Ohio from rehab in California.  I hadn't wanted him to come back here.  I feared that old places, old faces would be bad for him.  That night as I dropped him off at his apartment, I again voiced concern that he was seeing some of the same people.  He assured me he wasn't going to f*** everything up that he'd gained.  He had been sober and clean for 10 months, he had a job, had just leased this apartment.  I told him I just didn't want to be attending his funeral.  I'd said that before.  But that night as I left him, I felt a stirring of hope that maybe he was finally defeating this demon...  I never saw him again.   I just want him back.  I want to be able to feel joy again.  I just buried my husband (not Sean's dad) four years ago...I was just starting to feel "normal" again... when I got that call and my precious boy is GONE...

• Members

seansmommabear I am so sorry you lost your boy. You already have lost your husband and experienced that awful pain, it must seem so cruel to have a child taken too. Losing a child/adult child is a pain that cannot be explained fully there is not even a word for it in our language. Drugs are so prevalent in this day and age and as they become stronger they become more deadly. Join us on loss of an adult child by Mom of justin the one with over 2million views and post there. We are all parents who have lost a child/children and we understand when others cannot ok? You are not on your own ok?

• Members
SAMANTHA ANT'S MA

Seansmom I am so sorry for your precious loss. I don't have much to say except for you found the right place. I lost my son & almost my mind on 1-12-18.This site has help me a great deal. The people here are awsome & if I could help I am here.

Archived