Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mike

Janetriley

• Members

My husband and I have been homeless for 2 years. We finally were able to move into a new house. He had been sick with pneumonia and I was finally able to get him to go tothe er.  That night he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and mets to the liver.  He also ha pneumonia and sepsis.  Within 3 weeks he passed away.  He was incoherent most of the time because of the lack of oxygen. We had no time to get any of our affairs in order. All I kept doing is tell him that I love him.  Now I'm so scared and even though I'm surrounded by the grown children and a couple grandsons, I feel alone.  I don't know what I'm going to do about all of the bills. I'm afraid of all my utilities getting shut off before I can get money from pensions coming. I know this sounds weird but I'm so worried about the money I haven't been able to really start grieving, and I need to do that.  He was my rock and my best friend. I'm lost

• Moderators

Janet,

I am so sorry you are going through so much.  Have you contacted any of the agencies, St. Vinnie's, Dept of Health and Human Services, Senior Services, called the utility company (they should be able to help for a month or so).  It took about a month to get my pension going from time I applied to when I had $ in the bank.  Have you shared your concerns with your kids?  Maybe they could pool together to help you out a bit.

I am sorry about your loss.  I'm sure you're right, we are kind of in shock at first, it can take a while for it to hit, it all seems so surreal.  You have been living in a fight or flight mode for so long, it will take a while to sink in.  Keep coming here and posting, we're here for you.

Archived