Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing a Close Friend to Suspected Suicide

Sonia P

• Members

Hello there, 

Almost a year ago I lost a really close friend to suspected suicide and I am still having a hard time dealing with it. They died my senior year of high school, so thier life was just beginning and now its over. They died in thier sleep, so we never knew if it was an accident or on purpose.  I was really close to my friend and we bonded junior year. I was obviously devastated the first few months after thier death, but when I started college, I thought I had a handle on it. I was going to counseling at university and spending time with friends. However, after having memories brought up from that time , all the feelings i thought i dealt with rose back up. The disbelief and just unending sorrow. I know I will have up days and down days. But will I ever be okay? 

• Members

I'm going to lie to you, it's never going to fully go away. But that doesn't mean itsnt going to get better. You're mind is like the rest of your body, it will scab and heal and scar. I hope you find peace  <3

• Members

Dear Sonia,

I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. Losing a beloved friend at a very young age is hard. Please know grief can be a long journey, there is no fixed timeline.

Keep taking it day by day and yes, I think you will be ok. There will always be a bit of hurt inside, but, yes, we will be okay and we will keep living to honor our friends and family.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Hello, I’ve lost a friend to suicide as well, during my freshman year of high school. One thing you must know is that this is something that will always affect you, it’s just the pain will fade over time. Don’t try to forget them, don’t hold in the pain. One thing I truly believe is that if your remeber them, then they are never truly gone.

I am sorry for your loss and wish the rest of your days well. Remeber to celebrate life and love.

Archived