Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

oh momma

cuzzy

• Members

So today and well most days I thought of my mom. As the time passes it feels like its been forever since i have gotten to talk to her in person and laugh and hug her. Feb 23rd will be her 6 months gone and though it feels short it is hard to say i have lived life half of a year without her physically with me. As i sat here this morning listening to music with my sister and niece  on the tv i thought "mom if you truly are with me you will play supermarket flowers" (the song i heard some time last year while my mother was in the hospital with yet another infection. A song in which i told her made me sob and think of what it would be like if she passed). And i was really testing it because the song my sister dedicates to her friend who had been in a car crash a couple years back had played and every ed sheeren or how ever you spell it had already played. (ed is my nieces favorite right now). And sure enough as i held on to my niece wrapped up in her bath towel and finished the lyrics of that song my sister dedicated to her friend THE SONG came on! And so the tears rolled down my face and the shock of disbelief ran through my body. I had started to give up on the whole she will be with me forever thing. But today she proved me wrong. So even though i had a hard time at work and beyond stressful it was a good day for once. Cause well my momma was with me... 

Archived