Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Recently lost my mum

Aurorad2405

• Members

I suddenly and unexpectedly loss my mum on January 3rd, 2018. I am young, and so was she. I’m having a real hard time coming to terms with it. She was my best friend and we did everything together (until I moved to a different province last May.) she was the only person who really really understood me and helped me when it came down to to anxiety and depression, or things like making a decision or just to talk. I just need someone to talk to about this. I don’t know how to cope.

• Members

You commented on my other post. I lost my dad a few weeks ago. Thank you for that. Let me try to return the favour.

I've noticed people tend to use "my condolences" or "I'm sorry for your loss" so much that it loses meaning. Don't blame them - the only people that can truly understand what you're feeling are those who have gone through it. Hopefully they won't for quite sometime.

For you, make sure you're taking care of yourself. Sleep as much as you can, don't turn to drugs or alcohol (a drink or few sure, but don't hit the bottle every moment you can). Find that one hobby that you can sink so much of your time, soul, and energy into. For me, it's guitar: my dad bought me one when I was 16. I picked it up again. If you don't have a hobby like that, look for one, and experiment. 

The point is: keep busy in a healthy way. 

For what it's worth (which isn't much), I'm really #*(@ing sorry. This is probably the worst thing you'll ever experience in your life, but know that you're not alone.

Ping me if you want to talk.

Archived