Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I’m young and have recently lost my mum

JESS200861

• Members

Hi there,

I’m 21 and 2 months ago I lost my mum after a week long illness. She’s always been so healthy, never drank or smoke and she got the flu and got this horrendous infection and so died a week after falling ill. It was an awful shock and I still can’t believe that it happened. I’m a teacher in a school and find it so hard when my friends or people at school talk about their mums and even teachers at school who are my mums age have their mum too. I feel like all these bad things are happening at once and none of it feels fair at all. Why do other people get to have their mums yggand this happens to me when I’m a good person and she was too. Just want to speak to pe

• Members

Hi there, I too am young (23) and I recently lost my mum as well (January 3rd, 2018.) her passing was extremely unexpected and sudden, so I understand completely where you are coming from. My mum was my best friend and I am completely lost without her. 

• Members

Dear Jess and Aurora,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.

Jess, I hear you. It is devastating and you are so right, life is unfair. I feel as you do, why do bad things happen to good people?

Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support each other. Everything you are feeling and thinking is normal and natural part of grief. It takes a long time to come terms with the passing our beloved parents.

Thinking of you both. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Dear Jess and Aurora,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I can understand and feel the pain as I lost my mom 10 days ago. It was sudden departure. 

We have to accept the fact that we can never have them back in our life. We have to move ahead in our life. I know its easy to say this than actually doing so. But I am trying to move ahead .  May their souls Rest In Peace. I pray for you both. 

• Members

Dear Jess and Aurora,

I am so sorry about both of your losses. I am 22 and I lost my mom 5 months ago tomorrow, and it still hurts every day. My mom had cancer for two years and eventually had too much for her body to take. Grief is a very strange thing, there will be days where you won't want to get out of bed, or days where she may only pass through your mind for a minute and you feel horrible that you didn't think of her all day. There will also be days of brightness and a peace that it does get better with time. It still hurts and I miss her every day but I am getting stronger with every day that passes. I am thinking of you both and will keep you in my prayers as you go through the stages of discovering your new normal in life. All my best.

• Members

Hi everyone. 

Thank you for your messages. Have only just seen the replies. I’m so sorry for your losses too. It selfishly brings me comfort that other people have gone through the same thing. How do you guys feel everyday going through life? Some days I’m ok and some days I feel so angry like my friends don’t actually understand what has happened and what I’m going through. My brother has also put all his focus on his girlfriend and feel a bit forgotten about. How have your families been? 

On days like today I would do anything in the world to be able to talk to her 

• Members
On 2/7/2018 at 8:01 AM, Aurorad2405 said:

Hi there, I too am young (23) and I recently lost my mum as well (January 3rd, 2018.) her passing was extremely unexpected and sudden, so I understand completely where you are coming from. My mum was my best friend and I am completely lost without her. 

I feel the exact same. She truly was my best friend 

Archived