Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost both Parents within a Year

lindnorm4847

• Members

My dad passed away at 68 years old from Mesothelioma Cancer August 12 of 2016.  My mom passed at 68 years old from an infection that went undiagnosed (they thought she had cancer) August 10, 2017. Almost to the day of my dad. I was with both of them when they passed and it was so extremely devastating watching them in so much pain and pass away in front of me. I'm an only child. I'm 43. I have 3 awesome kids and also divorced. The pain of losing both parents so close together has been incredibly hard to deal with.  Both were relatively healthy having never been really sick or in a hospital at all. I have my children but I feel extremely lonely and abandoned. I know its not my parents fault and that they are no longer in pain. I feel guilt ridden as well as I feel I should have done more with them and for them and now of course its too late. I have no other family besides my children. I have to keep going forward for my kids but this is beyond just "getting over it"  and its a struggle everyday.

• Members

Dear lindnorm4847,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your losses. It is devastating to lose both parents so close together. I'm sure it doesn't even feel real. I hear you. I too feel very much alone in the world without my father. Please know these thoughts and feelings are part of the grief journey. It will take a long time to work through all the raw emotions. For myself, I have tried almost everything I can to process my feelings. If you want to maybe consider grief counselling or joining a support group in the community. I also found these websites helpful in understanding my grief.

What's Your Grief

The Grief Healing Blog

Grief in Common

Grief Share

The Grief Recovery Method.

Keep leaning on friends and family. Please know we are all here to listen.

Take care. Thinking of you during this difficult time.

• Members

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALWAY'S AND IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO OR A FRIEND I'AM HERE FOR YOU.HAVE A BLESSED AND SAFE WEEK.SINCERELY, CANDY1966.

Archived