Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  

It's truly heartbreaking to read all of these stories and I'm very sorry for each and every one of your losses. To think, just a few months ago I would have never imagined being on this site. I recently lost my mom to suicide. Her mental state changed quickly and I'll always wonder what more I could have done to prevent finding her alone and deceased in her home. Like many of you my mom was my best friend. I was the only child and only adult family for that matter. My mom left myself and my eight year old behind. My mom was the best grandma, listener, and soon to be  roommate. I too am single and must hold it together for my daughter, which is what led me here, desperately seeking  an internet outlet. It's comforting to know I'm not as alone as I feel. It has only been two weeks so most of my feeling is still numbness, but I hope to find more support groups to help me navigate this obscenely difficult process. Any advice is greatly appreciated. You're all in my prayers.

Dear Jen,

I am very sorry for your loss. I know its an extremely difficult time. Keep leaning on trusted friends and family. Taking each day moment by moment. I know everyone is different but there are various resources in the community and through church that will give additional supports. I don't know if you want to try grief counselling or joining a support group in the community. Grief is a long road, please know we all here to listen and support each other.

Thinking of you and your son. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.