Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

chirrisco

johnwhitfield

• Members
johnwhitfield

I am starting to feel the consequence of my medical condition. A big change in my life. So many feelings, it is for me a major life event!

I moved through most denial, now angry and depressed. I have found most forms of griefing partner, friends and family. Little for the people who are in the process of dying. I just would like to hear from your experience with acceptance or non-acceptance.

• Members

Dear John,

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and your current journey. I am sure it is overwhelming.

I hope  your doctor or nurse can help with additional resources in the community or through church.

There are two memoirs that people recommend When Breath Becomes Air and The Bright Hour.

Life is so unfair.  And I feel it takes a long time to come to terms with any acceptance. Maybe talking with a minister or pastor or a spiritual leader might help as well.

Thinking of you. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

John,

I empathize with how you must feel with all of that health stuff kinda being thrown at you. I have recurrent, terminal brain cancer for the 3rd time, and I’ve been experiencing a lot of the same feelings that you probably are. Since the age of 15, when I was first diagnosed, I’ve had lots of crazy feelings, and mood swings. I’m going to die soon, I’m fairly sure of that. As far as I know, the feelings you have are fairly normal. Unfortunately, after the treatments to resect(surgery), then irradiate(radiation therapy), and finally, to irradiate, and prevent the regrowth of tumor again using both radiation, and chemotherapy, nothing has given me a permanent fix. My neurosurgeon, who treated my cancer the first time around told me that chemo, and radiation usually will get rid of a tumor for about 2 years without another recurrence. I’m 24 now, and will again, probably die soon. I guess I’ve overcome my issues by becoming totally apathetic to everything. I have literally no cares about my life, or anything that happens anymore, although, I hope for only good things to happen to everyone. Everyone’s medical journey is different though, so, you might have a different experience with your medical stuff. I wish you the best. I’ve also learned that, as shitty as people in general may seem, there are a few good apples scattered in with all the bad ones, so, look for the good apples.

Archived