Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My daddy passed away on 9/16/10

hayleyy

• Members

Well my names Hayley , im 15 years young and my daddy passed away September 16 , 2010 ): I dont really know how to start off or what to say , so i will just tell the story.

I found out my dad passed last Thursday morning during 1st period when my mom, my sister , and my grandma were all sitting in the counselors office crying. He was riding his motorcycle , ( i could NEVER ride again btw ) on the way home at like 1:30 in the morning. ( i didnt know right away because i was at my moms house , joint custody , ) . From what i know he lost control and hit the boulders on the side of the road. ( WHY THE **** would you put boulders right there ? So the road can look pretty ??? I dont think anyone cares about how pretty the road looks. Anyways.. ) He broke all of his .. when he hit the boulder. Some of my family says he was already unconscious before he hit it though. This happened exactly a week ago. I have already viewed him , and went to the service, & gave my last hugs and words goodbye. Im hoping i will feel up to going back to school this monday. I havent gone to school since last thursday morning & most of my friends & people at school know about it cause its been on the news and such so i dont know if im ready for all the hugs and whatnot. My mom talked about the 7 grieving stages and i think i have gone through most of them. I miss him so much already ! Its been hard to sleep at night , and ill cry randomly even if im okay for one minute then the next im not. And if you have any songs , im making a playlist on my ipod & combining the songs my dad and i used to listen to ( soft or country type usually ) , & im also putting other songs that remind me of him. You can go here if you have any songs relating to loosing a dad ;

http://answers.yahoo...23155827AAMSG1Y

BTW ; whats an angel date ? The date when your loved one passed ?

& i didnt really know what to say so thanks for still reading ! lol You can ask questions and stuff too.

Here are a couple pictures of us.

post-296399-078177200 1285307056_thumb.j

post-296399-028714300 1285307075_thumb.j

• Members

Hi Hayley,

My name is Summer and I lost both my parents when I was 23. It's been almost a year now and it's still difficult. I still miss them everyday. People can talk and talk about the seven stages of grieving but grieving is not a simple feeling that can be broken down into concrete stages, everyone's different. I didn't really feel affected until about 4 months afterwards. When the hugs stop and people stop asking and the family goes back to thier life, is when it hits. If I can offer one piece of advice, it would be not to feel angry and not to close yourself off from your friends, family and things you love. Also think of how your dad would want you to be. You're so young which makes it harder, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know if i've helped, but i do know what you're feeling.

• Members

Hi Hayley,

My name is Summer and I lost both my parents when I was 23. It's been almost a year now and it's still difficult. I still miss them everyday. People can talk and talk about the seven stages of grieving but grieving is not a simple feeling that can be broken down into concrete stages, everyone's different. I didn't really feel affected until about 4 months afterwards. When the hugs stop and people stop asking and the family goes back to thier life, is when it hits. If I can offer one piece of advice, it would be not to feel angry and not to close yourself off from your friends, family and things you love. Also think of how your dad would want you to be. You're so young which makes it harder, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know if i've helped, but i do know what you're feeling.

Hi Summer , i am so glad someone wrote me lol. Omg how did you loose both of your parents? That would be the hardest : ( & I hope we can keep contact . How did you cope? Ive been trying to find people who understand , even if it is not 100% understandable. Im still looking for that 100% though , with the same story etc. But its not easy .

• Members

Hi Summer , i am so glad someone wrote me lol. Omg how did you loose both of your parents? That would be the hardest : ( & I hope we can keep contact . How did you cope? Ive been trying to find people who understand , even if it is not 100% understandable. Im still looking for that 100% though , with the same story etc. But its not easy .

it was very difficult. They died within 6 months of each other. My mom got cancer and died in 3 long awful months and six months later my dad died suddenly of a heart attack. To be honest, i'm still coping. Its a lifelong sadness and yeah it's very difficult to find people who get it. The worst is when everyone else who wasn't that close or not related feels like you should be over it by a certain time. Unless you've lost someone you really can't understand. It's funny in the beginning I found myself upset when people kept trying to comfort me and then I'd feel insulted if nobody said they were sorry for my loss. It goes back and forth. We should stay in contact. It's good to talk to people with shared experience. I'll send you my email address in a private message, feel free to email anytime, I know what your going through is hard.

• Members

it was very difficult. They died within 6 months of each other. My mom got cancer and died in 3 long awful months and six months later my dad died suddenly of a heart attack. To be honest, i'm still coping. Its a lifelong sadness and yeah it's very difficult to find people who get it. The worst is when everyone else who wasn't that close or not related feels like you should be over it by a certain time. Unless you've lost someone you really can't understand. It's funny in the beginning I found myself upset when people kept trying to comfort me and then I'd feel insulted if nobody said they were sorry for my loss. It goes back and forth. We should stay in contact. It's good to talk to people with shared experience. I'll send you my email address in a private message, feel free to email anytime, I know what your going through is hard.

Thank you so much and same to you , i gave you my email already. & yes i know excatally what you are talking about . & its weird because my dad had me at age 15 and i just turned 15 on the 16th of august, then he passed on the 16th of september. Creepy huh ? ):

• Members

Hi Hayley,

Summer,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm 23, my father died a week before my birthday 2 months ago. I agree with you on several points, grieving is a very individual process and no one should be telling you where you are or how you should be feeling. In fact, a week after his funeral I had a few drinks and started to explain how I was feeling to one of my friends, another of my mates over heard and said I needed to get through this and can't be hung up on it. It's tragic because no one will understand how you feel, not ever, they might do to an extent but it's not the same. It's a very lonely process, I don't even talk about it with my friends out of fear of getting the same misunderstanding comment thrown my way.

I'd like to talk about it, at the same time I don't. I don't want help from my friends but at the same time I do. Watching the world turn around and go on as normal whilst I'm trying to get out of 2 months ago.

The hugs stop, the sorry's turn to stares and awkward "are you alright?" glances, replied with a forced yes. The people you lost still aren't back :/ but life is still trying to return to normal.

Hayley, don't close yourself off, I'm doing that and at first you think it helps. Only makes things worse though because it amplifies the loneliness of grief. Just take things day by day. I apologize that all of this isnt very clear or concise, I've never been very good at articulating things, especially as of late!

Andrew

Archived