Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My 15 yr old lost her father last week

Foxxx

• Members

Are there any teens that have lost a parent? My 15 yr old daughter just lost her father last Thursday. I think it would help her alot if she could talk to someone her age about her feelings...

• Members

Are there any teens that have lost a parent? My 15 yr old daughter just lost her father last Thursday. I think it would help her alot if she could talk to someone her age about her feelings...

Hello, there are a few helpful articles and sites linked in the grieving child section, one of the moderators - Konnie, has posted a link to a site that your daughter might find helpful to read, there are also numerous links on that site about how she might be feeling. At the same time you don't want to push her, just mention that youve found a few articles if she wants to read them.

A week isn't a long time and at the moment she might just want to think about what's been happening, there's a lot to take in. Especially with the funeral. Be there for her and when she is ready she will be welcomed in this community as I have, my father died not too long ago and I only recently joined this community which I have Been welcomed to.

She might just want to read stories about how everyone else is feeling, so she knows what's happening to her is normal.

Welcome

• Members

Hi Foxxxy,

She can come here and post if she'd like. There are some teens who come here. I know there are those that lurk and read, but don't post, too. Let her read some of the teen posts, and see what she thinks. She is more than welcome--this will be a good place for her to express her feelings, ask questions and discuss how she feels with others.

ModKonnie

Archived