Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my mother passed away and i miss her so much

paperskin

• Members

my mother died last week at the age of 44 she wasnt sick or anything it was so sudden im still in shock i miss her so much and i dont know what to do i dont think i can live with this pain i cant eat or drink anything i just miss her so much everything reminds me of her i feel so depressed what should i do i need some help please  

• Members

Hi Paperskin,
I'm sorry for your loss. As it has only been a week, this is the most awful time. Your emotions would be raw. It's horrible. It's like someone has ripped our whole world out from under our feet.
But it does get better. I'm up to 5.5 months. It's not as bad as it was, still not great but not as bad as it was.
Try and get back into your routine. Make sure you get enough rest and try and eat. Even if you only eat a little at a time and many times. You must get food and water into you.
The shock will wear off in time and it won't be this bad.

• Members

Dear paperskin,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. Sending you love and hugs. Then pain and sorrow is unbearable. Be gentle with yourself. Try to surround yourself with loving friends and family. Please don't be afraid to reach out. We are all here to listen and support each other. There are lots of good resources in the community and through church. Many people care and will help you through this very difficult time.

We all know how hard it is so soon after a shocking loss. Please know you are not alone.

Thinking of you.

• Members

Be strong your mom would want you to live. I know it’s hard but just remember she lives in you and you need to continue for her. I am here if you need to talk.  

• Members

Hey

I lost my mom about a month ago. I know how hard and painful it all is. Everything seems pointless and just too damn hard, I know. If you want (please do) message me. I really think we can support each other as we are in the same position.

• Members

Hi sweetheart, 

im so sorry for the loss of your mom. I know how it feels as I just lost my mum last month. I miss her so much. She would want you to continue though. She loves you and is so proud of you. I know that. If you would like to at all, you can always message me. The way that I look st it is celebrate everything double the amount for her. 

Lots of love to you

• Members
MollieMcDoodlesMom

Dear paperskin,

I just came across your post about losing your mother and I want to express my deepest sympathy . I can’t imagine having this happen at such a young age. I also lost my father in death when he was 45 yrs old . The pain of losing our loved ones doesn’t fade away fast, it’s been more than 40 yrs for me and I often think about him . 

I am making an effort to reach out to young persons especially to offer two sources of reading material . One on teen depression and the other on how to cope with the death of a loved one. Below are the links with no obligations or cost. I also want to offer an invitation to contact me anytime you need someone to talk to . It’s never a bother .

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=we&srcid=share

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2017-02&pub=g17&srcid=share

Sending Gentle Hugs and Condolences

Frances Koonce

Archived