Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

2 months and counting

JackieJr07

• Members

It’s been two months and counting since I’ve lost my beloved best friend Junior a shihtzhu with so much spunk and personality . I’m in bed tossing and turning and crying I miss my furry son so much I got a flash back of all the moments we shared and then I remembered all the talks I used to have with him . I miss him so muchhhhh and really wish I could hug him again . I really wish god had given dogs a longer lifespan ;(  I also wish cancer didn’t exist because he could’ve still been here if he didn’t have that nasty disease it’s just so unfair ! 

• Guests

I feel your pain Jackie,  I am preparing to say goodbye to my best friend Ava to the evilness of cancer.  The pain is just devastating, there are no words, so I completely understand how you're feeling.  Ava hasn't even left me yet, but since I got the news yesterday and now only have weeks left with her I haven't stopped crying, the pain is just so intense but that also is a reminder of all that they've given to us, thier unconditional love, frendship, loyalty and trust as well as the laughs that go with the tears now.  Despite the pain I feel I would never not want to have experienced the last 9 1/2 years with my beautiful girl.

Allow yourself to grieve and cry and feel sad it's to be expected when they give us so much thier loss is going to be great.:(

• Members

I'm so sorry for/with both of you! I had 3 pugs. My youngest had a rectal prolapse January of last year. They did a biopsy and said it wasn't cancer. The surgery was life threatening, so I didn't chose to pursue it. Fast forward to Thanksgiving and my 6 yr old pug starts having "events" that we come to find is cancer of the colon. Even though we got lucky and UGA was able to get him in the week before Christmas and they finally decided to do the surgery, we lost him 2 days after to aspiration pneumonia  (one of the complications with pugs after surgery). It's so devastating because I had started to believe there was a chance he'd make it. He was 24 hours cancer free. And then he was just gone. I'm trying so hard not to bawl my eyes out every day. But each Saturday at 5pm (when they called me to say he had coded), I just fall into this huge funk. I miss him so much! 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JackieJr07 said:

It’s been two months and counting since I’ve lost my beloved best friend Junior a shihtzhu with so much spunk and personality . I’m in bed tossing and turning and crying I miss my furry son so much I got a flash back of all the moments we shared and then I remembered all the talks I used to have with him . I miss him so muchhhhh and really wish I could hug him again . I really wish god had given dogs a longer lifespan ;(  I also wish cancer didn’t exist because he could’ve still been here if he didn’t have that nasty disease it’s just so unfair ! 

I wish they could live longer too but then more of them would face rehoming as their people died and I wouldn't want that disruption for them either.  Losing them is the hardest thing in the world, our only consolation seems to be knowing we gave them the best life possible.  Wishing you comfort...

• Guests

Sparkyn98, that's so sad, it's hard when you think they've made it and then you realise they haven't, the rollercoaster of emotions is not easy to navigate that's for sure.

• Members
6 hours ago, KayC said:

I wish they could live longer too but then more of them would face rehoming as their people died and I wouldn't want that disruption for them either.  Losing them is the hardest thing in the world, our only consolation seems to be knowing we gave them the best life possible.  Wishing you comfort...

Yea that’s very true I honestly wish I could adopt all the dogs in the world lol I’ve been watching so many videos of dogs who need so much help and love and it honestly makes me realize how cruel some people are to animals . I wouldn’t even dare hurt an animal their so precious 

• Members
12 hours ago, Sarah&Ava said:

I feel your pain Jackie,  I am preparing to say goodbye to my best friend Ava to the evilness of cancer.  The pain is just devastating, there are no words, so I completely understand how you're feeling.  Ava hasn't even left me yet, but since I got the news yesterday and now only have weeks left with her I haven't stopped crying, the pain is just so intense but that also is a reminder of all that they've given to us, thier unconditional love, frendship, loyalty and trust as well as the laughs that go with the tears now.  Despite the pain I feel I would never not want to have experienced the last 9 1/2 years with my beautiful girl.

Allow yourself to grieve and cry and feel sad it's to be expected when they give us so much thier loss is going to be great.:(

I’m so sorry I know exactly how you felt when I found out my dogs diagnosis I was so devasted everything happened so quickly the following day I had to put him down because he got worse overnight I couldn’t see him suffering anymore . Just know that you shared great years with her , she appreciates you !!! I know to be strong is hard specially during this time but I pray for you . 

• Members
9 hours ago, sparkyn98 said:

I'm so sorry for/with both of you! I had 3 pugs. My youngest had a rectal prolapse January of last year. They did a biopsy and said it wasn't cancer. The surgery was life threatening, so I didn't chose to pursue it. Fast forward to Thanksgiving and my 6 yr old pug starts having "events" that we come to find is cancer of the colon. Even though we got lucky and UGA was able to get him in the week before Christmas and they finally decided to do the surgery, we lost him 2 days after to aspiration pneumonia  (one of the complications with pugs after surgery). It's so devastating because I had started to believe there was a chance he'd make it. He was 24 hours cancer free. And then he was just gone. I'm trying so hard not to bawl my eyes out every day. But each Saturday at 5pm (when they called me to say he had coded), I just fall into this huge funk. I miss him so much! 

I’m so sorry I’ve been in a funk every night before since he’s left it’s so hard the house feels so empty without him . I hope each and everyday gets easier for you I know it’s hard but just know you were a great mom and you did everything you could for him . 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JackieJr07 said:

Yea that’s very true I honestly wish I could adopt all the dogs in the world

I know, those ASPCA ads really get to me...

• Members

Hey Jackie, I am glad you posted again. Obviously not glad you are in so much pain. But coming here and sharing, telling people who care and get it has helped me so much. No one really understands or talks about this. So for that I am glad you shared. Cancer is awful and unfair.  

And for what it's worth I know how sad you are and I am so sorry. This really takes a lot of time to heal. There is such a physical loss when they leave us and the loss of all the wonderful rituals we had with them.

I am at over 5 months now from our cat. First it was how many weeks... now "monthly anniversaries" are what I think of. We've adopted a new kitty (from our local rescue) and I love her, she's so sweet. But I still miss my guy, my heart is still broken. Working but broken.

I wish you well, hope you are okay.      

• Members
1 hour ago, AJWCat said:

Hey Jackie, I am glad you posted again. Obviously not glad you are in so much pain. But coming here and sharing, telling people who care and get it has helped me so much. No one really understands or talks about this. So for that I am glad you shared. Cancer is awful and unfair.  

And for what it's worth I know how sad you are and I am so sorry. This really takes a lot of time to heal. There is such a physical loss when they leave us and the loss of all the wonderful rituals we had with them.

I am at over 5 months now from our cat. First it was how many weeks... now "monthly anniversaries" are what I think of. We've adopted a new kitty (from our local rescue) and I love her, she's so sweet. But I still miss my guy, my heart is still broken. Working but broken.

I wish you well, hope you are okay.      

@AJWCat i appreciate it most of the time I write in my journal but sometimes I think getting someone to answer you back is always nice because we all share some grief with our pets we lost and family members . I’m so happy you decided to adopt I myself was looking to adopt but I want to bring them all hope and that’s impossible so I’m taking my time searching again . 

• Moderators
On 1/17/2018 at 5:50 AM, sparkyn98 said:

I'm so sorry, @sparkyn98 my dog has so many cysts, the vet just "keeps an eye on them" but honestly I'm afraid of them putting him under for fear of him not waking up so we take our chances.  When I had surgery three years ago, they lost me and had to give me thrusts to the chest (during surgery) to get my heart restarted.  I realize Pugs have a hard time because their snout is shorter as it is.  This must have been horrible for you, to make it to surgery and then lose him two days later.  My heart goes out to you.

• Moderators
On 1/17/2018 at 2:58 PM, JackieJr07 said:

I’m so sorry I know exactly how you felt when I found out my dogs diagnosis I was so devasted everything happened so quickly the following day I had to put him down because he got worse overnight I couldn’t see him suffering anymore . Just know that you shared great years with her , she appreciates you !!! I know to be strong is hard specially during this time but I pray for you . 

I would feel the same way, but it isn't easy, we put our pet ahead of our own feelings but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

• Members

@sparkyn98, I am the same way. I lost my cat on a Saturday night, we were cooking dinner and he got horribly sick out of nowhere so we rushed him to an emergency vet. Two hours later we put him down. :( For the first couple months I would dread Saturday evening - always felt awful. I am getting better w/ time. The 12th was the day we lost him, six days after my b-day. All these things impact me now.   

• Members

Thank you all! I haven't been on here in a while. Trying to find some normalcy. But, I knew it was coming up on the one month mark yesterday and it's been a tough time. It's not "good" but it is "good to know" that others go through this, too. I have, seriously, scheduled an appt with my therapist to try to work through some of my "guilt" and grief. I'll be fine for a day and then I cry the whole next day. I've tried everything. I know that eventually, it will all ease off and I'll just miss him. I think I just focus on how young he was... cancer sucks. :( Thank you all for always being so supportive! i hope each of you are finding comfort when/where you can!!

Archived