Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What life is left now?

floyd11554

• Members
18 hours ago, floyd11554 said:

That is terrific advice and thank you.  That is a very good point about the informal ones might not necessarily being the best options.  I do want like minded people similar in age who have suffered a similar loss to be able to share with.   I have a link bookmarked for a hospice center that offers that I have been planning to reach out to and just haven't yet pulled the trigger.  Another good point about if it is being housed in a church doesn't necessarily mean the issue of god will be pushed.  I have a friend who is going to forward some links to me as well.  Hopefully I can find it in me to reach out next week.  

I've run into a few people in my local support groups who have lost their partners and they are in their 30s.   You won't find many but they are a few around..... still rare.      That said, I have yet to find another widow or widower in their 30s -- at least not in person.

• Members
5 hours ago, Cucciola said:

I wish I had answers, it doesn't make any sense in staying, being far from my family, being so alone here without him. 

But I don't want to move away from our world, I live him every day, I feel so close to him here. I can't imagine being far away, close our entire life in a box and go to live a new one.

My mind and my heart want different things.

That may change over time.  You still have a lot to process and sort through.  Our hearts always seem to differ from what our minds want but sometimes we need to assess which one is more right in that particular instance.  I am struggling with the same thing.  I have basically come to the conclusion to stay for now and reassess things over the summer.  I need time as well to deal with everything and don't want to make rash decisions as many have suggested I do not do on here.  I am going to take their advice.   For you it may make sense to think about it down the line especially since family can be helpful right now for you.  Are you close with your family?  

• Members
3 hours ago, Azipod said:

I've run into a few people in my local support groups who have lost their partners and they are in their 30s.   You won't find many but they are a few around..... still rare.      That said, I have yet to find another widow or widower in their 30s -- at least not in person.

I can understand why it would be rare.  It is not common which is probably why we all don't have many people to talk to at home like we do on here.  It is why I am glad I discovered this forum cause I know it may be a struggle to find the proper outreach here.  

• Members
3 hours ago, Azipod said:

If you join Campfire, there's a group meeting right now and two of us are very young having lost our partners..it's a videochat grief support group but it's worth it!

• Members
2 hours ago, lovingstill said:

If you join Campfire, there's a group meeting right now and two of us are very young having lost our partners..it's a videochat grief support group but it's worth it!

Can you message me the details of this, it might be something I am interested in if I have trouble finding anything locally.  

• Members
On 2/3/2018 at 5:38 PM, lovingstill said:

Is this subscription based?  If so, is there a free trial period?   

• Members
On 2/5/2018 at 5:36 PM, Azipod said:

Is this subscription based?  If so, is there a free trial period?   

No, it's totally free. I don't pay a cent for it! Just sign up on the Campfire website. :) Maybe I'll see you on Tuesday...

Archived