Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My daughter

NiquesMom

• Members

I lost my beautiful 18 year old daughter on 12/21/17.  My world has changed forever, it will never be "right" or "normal" again.  I do not know how to keep going. I have a young son who still needs me to be the fun mom he has always had, and I just can't.  I try to take him out and I am just so sad, I want to curl up on the ground in a ball.  It hurts to smile, it hurts to talk about her, it hurts to think.  I am having flashbacks to the hospital, never understood the word flashback until now.  I lost my parents (mom in 1999 and dad in 2014) and those were bad but this is a thousand times worse.  Everything I do is for my kids.

• Members

niquesmom I am so sad for your painful loss. You ar right things will not feel normal or right for a long time. Your world has been turned upside down and your heart torn to shreds. That is because you lost your child. It is very hard to be the regular mom to carry on for your other child when all you want to do is scream your pain and hide away from the world. How old is your son? Flashbacks are something we all suffer from and they are really hard to deal with. They are the manifestations of the trauma of what happened. I lost my son in 2015 and was not there when he was killed yet still had flashbacks and imaginings of what happened which ripped me apart. Most of us post on the thread loss of an adult child by mom of justin so we can all be in one place and get answers and support from each other. Joinus there and post we understand because we have all been where you are right now. You are not alone

• Members

So sorry for your loss.  I completely understand your pain.  I lost my wonderful 18 year old daughter on the 5th January 2018.  It was thought she had flu, she did, but she also had Sepsis which poses as flu and moves very fast.  I am also broken beyond repair and have a son to look after, who is also grieving for his sister.  Life is completely messed up, it's wrong on every level.  They say you learn to live around it, I so hope this is true, because it sure doesn't feel that way and just now I can't see any future without pain. I also have flashbacks to hospital, and I hear her voice pleading with me not to leave her, I didn't, but then she left me.   I blame myself for not getting help any sooner, yet I know I did all I could, none of this makes any sense whatsoever, I keep thinking I'll wake up and it will all have been a nightmare.  I am in agony, it is physical pain, I don't know how to deal with it, if I didn't have my son I wouldn't want to be here at all.  I truly feel your pain.  My heart goes out to you.  Hugs. xx

• Members

My heart goes out to you broken mom.

I replied to your initial post. Just know we are all here if you need to talk..you can message me anytime..I don't sleep well. 

Take care.

Archived