Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Why do I feel so angry after losing my mother

Deb62

• Members

Why do I feel so angry after losing my mother, i know it is early days only lost her on th 28th December 2017 but I feel angry at the world, my siblings, my friends even my dog why why?????

• Members

Dear Deb,

My deepest condolences and sympathies. I am very sorry for your loss. It is only natural and normal to be angry after your losing your beloved mother. I, too was very angry. Angry at the whole world. Why did this have to happen to me? Why is the world so unfair? I felt terrible rage at everything leading up to my father's passing. I don't know why my father had to pass on. My brain could not make sense of the reality of death. I felt like I was in a movie and not real life. I was sure my father should still be at home watching TV and drinking his coffee. The finality of death was very hard for me to accept.

Be kind and gentle with yourself. Give yourself time to grieve. Lean on trusted friends and family during this difficult time.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Dear Deb62,

I’m so sorry for your loss.  I agree with all that reader said.  I realize anger is part of grief.  It’s one year for me and I still relive everything that happened leading up to my mother’s death.  My family were horrible.  I’m still angry but it has softened from what it was.  You will find there are so many layers to grief.  Anger is just one of them.  It’s very hard to process loss.  

Archived