Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my sister

Purelane

• Members

Hi. I just recently lost my sister by car accident,boyfriend drove strait to the Truck because my sister was ending their relationship. We just bought my sister the car and she only drove it for two months. We grew up being close. We remained being best friends and did everything together. I do not know how to handle her loss...im torned and feel so empty

• Members

Dear Purelane,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. The pain and sorrow is unbearable. Sending you love and hugs.

Be kind and gentle with yourself. Surround yourself with loving and trusted friends and family during this extremely difficult time. Please know there are many resources in the community and through church that are available to help.

Thinking of you and your family. With all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Thank you very much...Is it normal to find myself having sense of for helping my sister buying that car? We thought we were doing something good for her as she has been struggling to get a permanent job and always wanted to own a car. My thoughts are,only if we didn't buy her that car maybe she would still be alive...

• Members

Dear Purelane,

I know its really hard right now. And its only natural and normal to go back and think but if only...and so on. The questions and what-ifs are endless. I did this too. It is pure torture and I know its a lot easier said than done but please don't do this to yourself.

You loved your sister and only wanted to help her and make her happy. Never in your imagination could you have predicted how her boyfriend would react or foresee this terrible tragedy. None of us can. We only do what we think is best in the moment and carry on. I know we all want to protect our loved ones from sadness and sorrow and pain. If anything your sister was extremely lucky to have you love her and care about her so much. Buying her car was about love and happiness and the future.

Grief is a long road. I know these type of thoughts will circle back for a period of time. Its part of grief.

Sending love and hugs.

Archived