Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
MyMocha

Regret euthanizing my beloved companion of 22.5 years

I can totally relate to the saving their fur, it sounds like something I would do.  I still have a pet leash from my dog that died nearly ten years ago...it's too narrow for my powerful dog I have now and it was pink and he's a boy so I can't use it...but still I save it.  It reminds me of Lucky girl.  Sigh...

I can't imagine living without pets.  One doesn't replace another, no worry of that, but I need someone here besides just me, someone to interact with, someone to love, someone to come home to, someone to make happy.  So I imagine I will always have a dog or cat or both.

Your posts are very touching, we can all relate.  I wish comfort and peace for you.

@MyMocha Hey, how are you doing? Your always checking on every one else...  Thanks for also refering to her as my “sister” on my post  - thanks for “playing along”. Right now, I’m trying to find a picture of her and I together, so strange - all this time she was right next to me, I never thought of taking us together, there was no need to. So tell me, how have you been? I hope you have been well.

MelsGone, it so strange you should say that about not having any pictures of the two of you together because I also realised I had none with me Ava together as I was going through pictures of her last week,  so in the last week I have been taking pictures of us together because somehow that seems so important now it's near the end, as if I need proof she was mine and not just pictures of a random dog which is silly and all the pictures have her shaved patches and visible scars on her stomach, legs and side but it still feels really important.

I don't have pictures of myself with my pets either, never thought of that before.  But I do have a lock of Arlie's fur, Huskies shed in clumps so I kept one in a ziploc bag, sounds crazy I know, but...