Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So Shocking

hearthurt1013

• Members
hearthurt1013

I posted this in another forum about my 22 year old who collapsed and did not come back. It was sudden and a cardiac event of unknown cause. I have been irritable, snappish and nasty at times, sullen and quiet at others or a chatty Cathy. My wife and I have been arguing and we have both been hyper-sensitive. We are both battling our own problems, she with her brittle diabetes and me with depression disorder and Seasonal Affective Disorder. This was a blow to both of us and worse it happened during the holidays. My work has suffered (I am a freelance writer), my sleep has been horrible and it is taking a toll on our marriage. Our son was not a partier, took care of himself and a kind, sweet soul and he was supposed to marry his fiancee in September. We have 4 other adult kids and one of his sisters had her first baby in October. We are a Catholic family and yet I am not finding peace or solace in my faith. I am supposed to place my faith in Our Lord, yet I am feeling more and more like he let us down, so how can I do that? Maybe it is too soon and the feelings are too raw. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Hearthurt1031.  You need to click on loss of a child... then the top line in the forum will say loss of an adult child..there is a green circle with a whit peg in the middle of that click that then the two little arrows >> and that will take you to the most recent post.  Let me know if you need anymore help.  Please join us and we will help you.  If you want a phone call or to email let me know.  I will do anything I can to help you.. I know what your going thru. I think our children died of the same thing.  Take care. Luanne ontario

• Members
hearthurt1013

From what you said, I agree. I know it doesn't take away the hurt. I am with you as well. I am glad I found this site and you Luanne. Just call me Lou. (Really, that is my first name!)

• Members
hearthurt1013

Hi Luanne: I am still having a bit of rough time navigating through this site. Is there a way I can open it such that it defaults to my messages from my posts, etc? Please advise. We are having a rainy, miserable night here in New Jersey. YUCK!

Archived