Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Older brother took his own life

Coreym1997

• Members

I don’t really know what to do anymore but I just need someone that’s been through the same thing to speak to. 

Nearly 2 months ago I lost my big brother to Suicide, there’s 6 years between us I’m nearly 15 he’s 20, I’ve also got 3 older sisters and another older brother which helps a lot because of all of the support from them. Anyway I’ve spent nearly my whole life with him in the same house being little rebels together and even tho we used to argue so much and literally fight like cat and dog I’ve always had a close connection with him and it’s so hard that I’m never going to see him again and as much as friends and family are supporting me nobody really understands how it feels unless you’ve been through the same thing. He had so many friends and he was so popular, it al started when he started drinking and doing drugs when he was younger and it affected him a lot and even tho he acted so happy around everyone when he was alone he was so depressed and I would have done anything I could to have helped him, even tho I knew deep down I never thought In to it and he never spoke to anyone. He was so special and still his, so kind hearted and so good looking and had so much life ahead of him. He’s being missed so much and wherever he is I hope he is being looked after and I’m sure he is xox

im really struggling at the moment and I literally don’t know what to do with myself I don’t want to be here anymore I want to be with my brother but if I ever done anything like that I think it would completely break my mum even more than she’s broke now, I just can’t cope with something like this everyday is a mountain to climb I can’t even motivate myself to get out of bed, I can’t sleep at night or eat properly. Surely I can’t live like this for the rest of my life how do I get through this? How do I ever be normal again all I do 24/7 is think about my big brother and im not ever going to see him again...

• Members

Dear Corey,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. 

I hear your struggle and I want you to know that you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. It is extremely difficult to cope with such a devastating loss. I hope you will reach out to your trusted friends and family and let them know how you feel. Or consider grief counselling or joining a support group. There many resources in the community and through church that could offer you more support.

It will be hard for a long time but please know that with more time and more supports things will get a bit more bearable. And you'll keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going forward the best you can.

Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

• Members

Hi corey. Im so sorry. Im 57 and feel the way you described feeling, with 2 daughters of my own after the death of my brother. Diabetic coma. I think these are universal feelings regardless of age..how. when..why...Im going to try to find some grief support so that I can get all of these feelings under control and live my life. I truly hope that you seek out a counselor through school, hospital, religeous center, wherever you can.

Your whole life is ahead of you with so much for you to do, to become, to experience. You"ll be ok, but process all of this now. Dont allow it to become unresolved baggage . Your life is precious. 

• Members

Hi Corey,

I am very sorry that you have to go through this pain at such a young age. It's the worst losing a sibling. You love them so much and your friends want to comfort you but they do not understand the immense pain that comes with death and suicide. It hurts. I would suggest getting away for a bit if you can to refresh. I lost my brother to suicide when i was 18 and i think the best thing i did was go away for a month and refreshed, I hiked and worked through my frustration through physical activity. If you can't take the time off then go to the gym or for a run around your neighborhood, physical activity helps so much when you are grieving.

-j

• Members
norml_farmer

Corey 

thanxs for reply 

I been in a dark hole 

I have had a few good days hope you have to I’m sorry for your loss I’m so sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry have faith you will see him again.

Archived