Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I DREAMED ABOUT SOMEONE'S DEATH

LoriElsa

• Members

I lost touch with someone who I took care of who was terminally ill. I cared about him the same as if he was one of my own family members.

Some of his relatives used to tell me I was like a regular part of their family.

We corresponded for more than 12 years after I moved out of state. I always worried about things that might happen to

him, but he reassured me that he was well taken care of.

One year, he did not write to me over the holidays and when I called to find out why, he said he had lost my

address. Later that year, I was badly traumatized by the death of a blood relative and again over the holidays, my friend did

not contact me and we lost touch.

Then I had a dream that I was with my freind again and witnessed him having a fatal accident.

In this dream, we were out on the sidewalk and people who were walking by started to gather around him. In the dream, I was going to phone for help and then I woke up and was wide awake around 5:20 in the morning, about two hours before I usually wake up. I checked this out on the web and found that he had died several weeks earlier.

I feel helpless. I wanted to talk on the phone to him one last time. I wanted to go see him one last time.

I found the death announcement on an insensitive and financially motivated website called Tributes.com.

I wanted an obit, not just an announcement of the birth and death dates.

This death announcement with no details and no explanation brings to mind, a time when I was 12 and two babysitters

at my brother's house told me the cat died. I asked, "What happened to her," meaning how did she die, and one of them

stepped on my foot and said, "It died," and would not tell me the reason.

Tributes.com stepped on my foot the same way as that girl who told me the cat died.

His choice to have no funeral and no obit left me traumatized. I don't know why I could not anticipate this. I needed to give it some thought before he was gone.

He told me, "Just remember, you always have a place here." In my mind, I stand outside the house and the doors are locked forever.

• Members

I lost touch with someone who I took care of who was terminally ill. I cared about him the same as if he was one of my own family members.

Some of his relatives used to tell me I was like a regular part of their family.

We corresponded for more than 12 years after I moved out of state. I always worried about things that might happen to

him, but he reassured me that he was well taken care of.

One year, he did not write to me over the holidays and when I called to find out why, he said he had lost my

address. Later that year, I was badly traumatized by the death of a blood relative and again over the holidays, my friend did

not contact me and we lost touch.

Then I had a dream that I was with my freind again and witnessed him having a fatal accident.

In this dream, we were out on the sidewalk and people who were walking by started to gather around him. In the dream, I was going to phone for help and then I woke up and was wide awake around 5:20 in the morning, about two hours before I usually wake up. I checked this out on the web and found that he had died several weeks earlier.

I feel helpless. I wanted to talk on the phone to him one last time. I wanted to go see him one last time.

I found the death announcement on an insensitive and financially motivated website called Tributes.com.

I wanted an obit, not just an announcement of the birth and death dates.

This death announcement with no details and no explanation brings to mind, a time when I was 12 and two babysitters

at my brother's house told me the cat died. I asked, "What happened to her," meaning how did she die, and one of them

stepped on my foot and said, "It died," and would not tell me the reason.

Tributes.com stepped on my foot the same way as that girl who told me the cat died.

His choice to have no funeral and no obit left me traumatized. I don't know why I could not anticipate this. I needed to give it some thought before he was gone.

He told me, "Just remember, you always have a place here." In my mind, I stand outside the house and the doors are locked forever.

Hi Lori,

It's sad when people take advantage of others in any situation, but to do so when someone is grieving is awful. I am so sorry you are traumatized.

Do you often dream dreams that come true? How could you have anticipated this? You really couldn't have, could you?

ModKonnie

Archived