Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Beautiful Wild Man of The Woods

Carrots

• Members

My man drove me mad. On all levels! He properly got under my skin like no one else. We were real kindred spirits. Both idealistic hippies who valued family and each other over anything else. 

I had  been cynical about true love for a long, long time, until I met Chris. It was the sort of love I thought was just in films and books. But we had IT. And it was unconditional, that love. No matter how angry I got with him or how much we disagreed.

We met on a dating website and I was only looking for fun... but he stole my heart. The first time we spoke on the phone we talked for hours and then decided to meet there and then. We decided it would be fun to buy some chips, eat them in a field and write poetry together (hippies)...I drove to him that first time and by the time I reached him there was a massive thunderstorm. So no chips in a field! We had a terrible chinese instead (awful) . Worst ever food. Best ever date. We were both smitten. Pretty much inseperable from that moment on. Chris didn't drive but it didn't stop him getting a train, tram and walking nearly an hour to get to my house. Many many times over.

Some of my most treasured memories are that of Chris with my children. He had a very special relationship with both of my daughters and couldn't do enough for them.  My youngest considered him her bff and had him wrapped around her little finger. She's a free spirit, absolutely bonkers (in the best way) and they just understood each other perfectly. I have a great video of him being treated by 'Dr Willow' when he had a bad cold. I was giggling in the background as he had man flu and clearly just wanted to go to bed...but he didn't have the heart to say no to playing with her nonetheless! He's there...sat on the floor cuddling his cup of lemsip...being bossed around, poked and prodded by a tiny 4 year old! It's especially endearing as Chris was 6ft 4. I love that video because it captured a very normal, everyday family moment. But is so so special. I am so grateful we had that together. Family. Love. Him.

I am 4ft11. One of Chris's less rude/insulting nicknames for me was 'his ginger midget.' I called him My Wild Man of The Woods because that's where he was his happiest. He spent hours walking in woods, guerilla gardening and building dens and 'squirrel nests' with the kids. In his old man cardigans and colourful scarves. (usually ones of mine he had stolen!) I now wear one of his cardigans a lot of the time and I don't care how huge it is on me! 

20161028_154858.jpg

• Moderators

That is so special, thank you for sharing that memory with us!  I, too, am tiny, and we referred to George as the Big Bear and me as the Little Bear...our wedding invitations had two bears under an arch, tiptoes, kissing.  It was us.  He told me to never get rid of that stamp.

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

That is so special, thank you for sharing that memory with us!  I, too, am tiny, and we referred to George as the Big Bear and me as the Little Bear...our wedding invitations had two bears under an arch, tiptoes, kissing.  It was us.  He told me to never get rid of that stamp.

Thank you fellow tiny person! :-)

I love that image you describe, of the stamp with the two bears and using that on your invitations. Beautiful.

Archived