Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

She changed me.

swara

• Members

She joined them on June 7, 2013. She made them weep. Tears of joy probably.

All this may seem pretty vague, but that's exactly what happened. I live in a small town where literally everybody knows each other. My sister hadn't always been sick but since May 12 she kept experiencing these sudden jolts of pain. I wasn't with her when it all began. My dad rushed her to a hospital, they couldn't diagnose it. That monster. After several tests they said it's a Wilson's Disease. An inherited genetic bug. It affects one in a hundred thousand they said. Well, she is one in a hundred thousand. Despite several blood transfusions, and the 'apparent' search for a suitable liver donor, she didn't make it. I could've been a perfect donor but they didn't let me. I was too young they said. After 26 days since the day of her admission, her board examination results were declared, she scored a 95.45%. That very afternoon she passed away and it rained heavily for the first time that year.

She changed me. She changed everything. And left.

• Members

Dear swara,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of you beloved sister. It is hard to accept such a devastating loss. Grief can take many forms over many years.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. I think every loss is woven into our being and you are right, we are changed. I know I am not the same after losing my father and grandmother. It's not easy I know.

Thinking of you. Sending you love and hugs.

Archived