Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Dad New Year's day

Alexisbell5

• Members

I called to tell him happy birthday and a woman told me he passed away in the middle of the night. I just don't know. He wasn't sick. Why is this happening. For days it feels like I have been a combination. Just going through the motions. None of this seems real. I have people saying bad things about the man I knew to be superman. And on top of all of this I'm having financial trouble burying him. How do you cope. What do I do. I'm am completely lost. Lord help me.

• Members

Dear Alexisbell5,

I'm so sorry.  I can't imagine that type of shock?  In fact someone else yesterday on this forum went through the same thing.  You've probably seen the post just under yours.  One minute life is normal, the next you've lost your parent and they weren't even ill.  Its terrible to have financial stress of the funeral costs on top of the trauma and shock of his death. Is there no one else that can help you?  I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you.  We are here and reading your words.  

• Members

Dear Alexis,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss. I know the pain and sorrow is deep. It's a horrible shock to hear this news about your cherished dad. I hope you can lean on trusted friends and family members for additional support.

During these early days it will be very raw and emotional. Take it moment by moment. Sending you love and hugs.

Regarding the burial, I don't know if you can talk to the town and see what options are available. I know its really hard but hopefully someone at the town can give you helpful information.

Thinking of you. Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you in anyway we can.

Archived