Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My son my son..Why???

Moe

• Members

Hello! Lost my 18 year old son A.J. Dec 8th 2017 (Angel Date) He shot himself in the head while in our truck, his girlfriend was driving and her friend Molly was in the passenger seat. My son A.j was sitting in the back seat! I'm not sure what I want to write or should write. We are still in shock and I keep thinking I will wake from the nightmare. 

• Members

Dear Moe,

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I know the pain and sorrow is deep.

Thinking of you and your family during this extremely difficult time.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

moe I am so sorry what a shocking story about your son. Do you think it could have been an accident or was he struggling to cope? Losing a child is very traumatic both to mind and body and you are thrown into a state of shock and disbelief. It is a nightmareish state. You are very new to grief but I am glad you found us so we can help to support you in the weeks months and years. having all lost children ourselves we get it as no one else can we understand the crazy thoughts, sleepless nights, rolling emotions and anger and injustice. By now you may begin to get some answers to piece together from the police what had been going on in his life before that could have influenced him to do such a self destructive act. Please do not put any blame upon yourself, you could not have foreseen or prevented what happened. If your son was in emotional turmoil he would have been unable to think clearly and realise what after effects this would cause. It would have appeared to him to be the only option unless it was accidental and then it was a terrible freak accident. I am so sorry you have to face this know you are not alone ok?

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Moe.  R u still there.  We all post on loss of an adult child click on green circle with white peg and the >> will take u to the last post.  There r a whole bunch of grieving parents just like u who have lost kids of all ages and circumstances.  We understand your grief like no one else can . I wish I could tell u the pain will go away some day but it won’t.  But gradually with a lot of hard work and time you will weave this grief into your new life.  A life that none of us want but are forced to have.  We will pick u up and hold your hands. We will always be here for you.  You do not need to go thru this journey alone.  Hope u come over to the loss of an adult website and let us help. Luanne Ontario.  If you want a call or an email I can do that too.  I will help you in any way I can.  Take care. 

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Moe. R u still there.  Don’t want to bother you but am just offering any kind of help I can for you.  I know how tuff it is , we all know.  U don’t have to go thru this alone.  Loss of an adult child forum . Phone call, an aemail.  Just reach out. I will help you anyway I can, we all will.  Luanne. 

• Members

Please help me

I am grieving the lost of my 36 year old daughter. She was diagnosed at age 14 with type 1 diabetes. Life was always hard for her and I just never saw that. At 21 years old she met her love and went on her way. He has supported her and was always by her side. After like 12 years and like 5 miscarriages she finally got pregnant against Dr orders. My grandson born at 32 weeks. Now turning 4 years on Feb 27th. I never quite showed affection to my Jackie as much as I should of. They lived with us. When baby was 1 year in April 2015 my daughter lost her left leg, then May 2017 her right leg and developed a blood clot in her left hand which she lost within a day before the leg amputation. Oh my gosh she went through so much and I didn't see it. She always came home when she would check into hospital. Last year alone 3 times in hospial and twice to nursing home for antibitics intravenously. Came home from nursing home on Fri Jan 21st, just 6 hours and had to go back to hospital. I went to check on her at 2pm Saturday,  she was in icu by then, son in law had said she was on the 2nd floor, no one contacted him that she had been placed in icu. I visited her for only like a half hr cuz I had to go care for grandson. I should have stayed with her. She asked me, I kissed her and told her I'll be back in a while and I didn't cuz I was busy with stupid cookie order. Until 9:43pm hospital contacted me that her respiratory got so bad that she was intubated. She became an angel on Tuesday,  Jan 23rd. I want to go with her. I am not going to make it. I feel horrible. 

• Members

Letty,

I am just seeing your posts now, was notified that you were writing. Can you post to Loss of Adult Child where there are many of us who also have lost adult Children to many causes. I am so worry that you are dealing with this terrible pain, it is new for you and so hang on cause it will one day, not soon, but one day, get better. You will always miss your Girl, she will always be your Girl, you her Momma, but for now, this terrible pain is part of the process of deep grief. Let it go Girl, let the tears flow and the ache pound, it is the only way to let it out, so let it out, we are human, we must let our emotions out. I am on this road nearly 15 years, so take my word, it will one day feel better than it does now, but processes of grief take time. Be kind to yourself and keep coming here to read and post when you can. Go to the Forums page, then scroll down until you see loss of adult child, there we all will be, but it will say a page that we are on, just hit that number, a four digit number and you will be forwarded to this days page, we talk a lot so it is a great place for you. There are many parents very new to grief like you are...

Peace Dear,

dee

• Members

moe and Letty join us loss of an adult child by Mom of Justin the one with over 2 million views, go to the last page and post there. we will help you

Archived