Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
Moe

My son my son..Why???

Hello! Lost my 18 year old son A.J. Dec 8th 2017 (Angel Date) He shot himself in the head while in our truck, his girlfriend was driving and her friend Molly was in the passenger seat. My son A.j was sitting in the back seat! I'm not sure what I want to write or should write. We are still in shock and I keep thinking I will wake from the nightmare. 

Dear Moe,

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I know the pain and sorrow is deep.

Thinking of you and your family during this extremely difficult time.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

moe I am so sorry what a shocking story about your son. Do you think it could have been an accident or was he struggling to cope? Losing a child is very traumatic both to mind and body and you are thrown into a state of shock and disbelief. It is a nightmareish state. You are very new to grief but I am glad you found us so we can help to support you in the weeks months and years. having all lost children ourselves we get it as no one else can we understand the crazy thoughts, sleepless nights, rolling emotions and anger and injustice. By now you may begin to get some answers to piece together from the police what had been going on in his life before that could have influenced him to do such a self destructive act. Please do not put any blame upon yourself, you could not have foreseen or prevented what happened. If your son was in emotional turmoil he would have been unable to think clearly and realise what after effects this would cause. It would have appeared to him to be the only option unless it was accidental and then it was a terrible freak accident. I am so sorry you have to face this know you are not alone ok?

Moe.  R u still there.  We all post on loss of an adult child click on green circle with white peg and the >> will take u to the last post.  There r a whole bunch of grieving parents just like u who have lost kids of all ages and circumstances.  We understand your grief like no one else can . I wish I could tell u the pain will go away some day but it won’t.  But gradually with a lot of hard work and time you will weave this grief into your new life.  A life that none of us want but are forced to have.  We will pick u up and hold your hands. We will always be here for you.  You do not need to go thru this journey alone.  Hope u come over to the loss of an adult website and let us help. Luanne Ontario.  If you want a call or an email I can do that too.  I will help you in any way I can.  Take care.