Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

mademoiselle

• Members

I just want to share about my pet Happy.

She just died two days ago. I am in Kuwait right now and she was with my family in the Philippines. I am here for work. She had a liver infection and that was the cause of her death. It was very hard and still very hard until now. I am turning crazy. I was expecting that when I go home after my contract she will fetch me at the airport but it will not come true. Especially now that it is holiday season, it is more difficult. I want to go home but it is not allowed. Happy was a very sweet pup. She was always excited to see the family. She will jump to you whenever you come home and kiss you nonstop. I will miss everything about her. I am in despair because I felt that I abandoned her. I miss her so much. I love you Happy.

She was not only a pet to me but a child of mine.

• Members

I am sorry for your loss. I understand your pain, as i am mourning the loss of my soul-mate dog, Roxy. I also feel intense guilt and regret. She passed on Wednesday. I also feel like i'm going crazy. I pretend that shes still here. Talk to her. I keep praying for a sign and watching for a sign that her spirit is here with me. I pray for you to heal from your pain. People keep telling me, TIME. Just time. I will always miss her and love her but hopefully in time i can look back on all our memories with joy and not sorrow. I hope the same for you. 

• Members

@roxybrown

thank you so much. i needed that. i am same to you. i am still waiting for a sign that means she is alright to where she is. maybe people are right, only time can tell.

i am happy i tried this forum. it really helps. i truly appreciate your reply.

• Moderators

mademoiselle,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Happy.  The feelings you are experiencing are common in grief.  We wish for a different outcome, if only that could be.  My pets are my children too, I think all of us here feel that way.  People who aren't dog/cat lovers can't begin to understand the depth of our feelings and how hard we are it with their loss.

roxybrown is right, it does take time to ease our pain and begin to adjust to the changes it means to our lives.  We will always love and miss them, but eventually we get more used to the changes it means to our everyday lives.  Just remember, when that happens, that it's a credit to our resilience and in no way reflects on our love for them...our love is all encompassing and true.

• Members
mademoiselle

@KayC

i am sorry for your loss, too. thank you for giving me words of encouragement that i really need especially at this moment. you are right, i can't share my feelings to others because i know that they might not understand.

i hope that our children are happy now wherever they are. playing happily and eating a bunch.

• Moderators

I think they are.  I don't know if you've seen this, and maybe this isn't how it goes down, but it brings me comfort to think of it.  I do believe their spirits continue and they are free and happy and we will be with them again.

• Members
mademoiselle

@KayC

thank you for the video. it made me cry but i am glad to know that Happy and the others are there with everything they need.

• Members

Hi there, @mademoiselle, I am so sorry to read about your sweet, Happy. I know what it is like to have them feel like a child. I lost my cat that I had from about age 35 to 45. He became our child and almost acted more like a dog than a cat, he was so funny. So I know how you feel.

Maybe write Happy a short letter? It might make you feel better to get all you want to say. Not being there, I know you feel "crazy" as you said. If you get it out, it could help you. I am very sure your Happy knew how much you loved her. I hope you are doing okay, I wish you peace during this time - my heart goes out to you. You are not alone here, we all go a little crazy when we lose our pets, they mean so so much to us. 

• Members
mademoiselle

@AJWCat

i am sorry for your loss, too. you know what, you are right. i need to pour out on a letter. i was writing a letter before i have read your reply. thank you for that. and thank you for all the encouragements. i am trying to do better, but i still miss her. i need to do things, her mum is still alive. i need to think of her mum, too. it was just sudden. i was not able to anticipate things like that. little by little, in time, i will be alright knowing she is playing somewhere beautiful.

Archived