Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do I get back up?

kr2se1

• Members

My husband passed away from Lung cancer on August 15, 2010...I am now a 39 yr old widow of 2 adorable sons. How do I get back up from this? I was in total shock aft he died..numb...didn't cry 4 3 days. I hadn't cried since the funeral...but last night...I broke down...It's all so surreal...and I'm thinking out loud..really? really Lord? This is real? I'm a single parent? Wow....this is like a bad movie that won't go off...and I'm the star of it. I'm trying to keep it together for my children...wow...this is really beginning to sink in...We were a unit 4 14 years....and now...He's gone...again...how do I get back up from this?

• Members

My husband passed away from Lung cancer on August 15, 2010...I am now a 39 yr old widow of 2 adorable sons. How do I get back up from this? I was in total shock aft he died..numb...didn't cry 4 3 days. I hadn't cried since the funeral...but last night...I broke down...It's all so surreal...and I'm thinking out loud..really? really Lord? This is real? I'm a single parent? Wow....this is like a bad movie that won't go off...and I'm the star of it. I'm trying to keep it together for my children...wow...this is really beginning to sink in...We were a unit 4 14 years....and now...He's gone...again...how do I get back up from this?

Hi X&J's Mommy,

You take it a tiny little step at a time. You cry and you cry and you keep trying. Do you have any emotional support at home, such as his family, your family, a pastor, a family physician, a counselor, or a close friend?

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. You can come here any time you want. We will be here for you.

Konnie

• Members

Hi X&J's Mommy,

You take it a tiny little step at a time. You cry and you cry and you keep trying. Do you have any emotional support at home, such as his family, your family, a pastor, a family physician, a counselor, or a close friend?

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. You can come here any time you want. We will be here for you.

Konnie

Hi Connie! Thank you for the kind words. I have both my family and his. Friends and a Pastor....I guess that it just really hit me that he's gone this week. He was a truck driver....so I was used to him being on the road.

• Members

Hi Connie! Thank you for the kind words. I have both my family and his. Friends and a Pastor....I guess that it just really hit me that he's gone this week. He was a truck driver....so I was used to him being on the road.

Oh, it's no problem. I am so glad you have someone to turn to. So he was a truck driver? I bet that was tough on the both of you at times. Come back anytime, post some pictures if you feel like it, and tell us all about him. We are here to support you in any way we can.

Konnie

Archived