Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My mother is brain dead

Moonlight1234

• Members
Moonlight1234

My mother was born with a hole in her heart and had multiple surgeries to fix it when she was young. But 2 years ago, she had a stroke. It caused her to be forgetful, confused and she lost the use of her left side. But she was so strong. She got so much better. 6 months ago, she had another stroke. This one did a lot more damage. By the time the surgeries were  finished and the brain swelling went down, she was brain dead. She cannot walk, talk and shows no recognition of my face nor my family's face. She's been like this with no improvement for a while but the holidays are near and all the feelings I avoided feeling 6 months ago are coming to me know. I just feel so sad. I hope things get better but I guess I won't know until something happens. I'm 22 and I don't know what to do or how to feel. 

• Members

Dear Moonlight1234,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom's condition. And how hard it is for you. It is hard to know what to do in these extremely difficult circumstances. Try to see if the hospital has a social worker or therapists you can talk with. I hope a trusted family member or friend can assist you.

Thinking of you. Please  know we are all here for you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived