Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my dad after six years of divorce

AryeaFree

• Members

Six years ago, my family went through a traumatic event.  We were split apart.

my mom had gotten colon cancer and had to go away.  But not before my parents decided to get a divorce.  I dont know all of the details, its still a touchy subject for my mom to talk about.  After her cancer was gone, my mom came back and took my twin sister and my baby sister to live with her in Nebraska, and a year later she came and got me and my other little sister from my dad's house.  

Since then I have visited my father three times.

It is now the holidays which is hard, especially since I lost my grandfather a few months ago to cancer.  I am grieving hard, and my heart hurts every time I think of the ones I love that I cannot be with.

• Members

Hi Aryea, I'm sorry you cannot be with your dad this holidays. Have you tried phoning him. A phone call is not the same as face to face but it can be a good substitute if you cannot be with him.

Archived