Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Eric

How do i ______ on the forums?

I am so overwhelmed with grief I don't know how to feel. My grandmother is losing her battle with lung cancer, my grandma raised me. My mother was a heroin addict as my father. My nana put her life on hold to raise us send us to the best schools and just give us a full life. She is 76yrs old and was always so full of life. The Dr. said tonite is the night I had to leave her bedside to get back to work. But the last 5 days of her life when she was lucid and aware we had a WONDERFUL talk. She expressed that I had to let her go and to move on with my life. How can I move ? The emptiness the feeling of abandonment. I know that sound so selfish but I really don't think I can make it without her

I am so overwhelmed with grief I don't know how to feel. My grandmother is losing her battle with lung cancer, my grandma raised me. My mother was a heroin addict as my father. My nana put her life on hold to raise us send us to the best schools and just give us a full life. She is 76yrs old and was always so full of life. The Dr. said tonite is the night I had to leave her bedside to get back to work. But the last 5 days of her life when she was lucid and aware we had a WONDERFUL talk. She expressed that I had to let her go and to move on with my life. How can I move ? The emptiness the feeling of abandonment. I know that sound so selfish but I really don't think I can make it without her

hi my name is val. you dear one. i too was raised by my grandmother so i can relate to your fear of abandonment, i just lost my husband, suddenly, unexpectedly in his sleep. i cannot sleep; i don't want to eat, i am finding this forum to be a good outlet for my pain, even if i sit and type to people i don't know. but i do know them, they are greivers like myself. write me back, or post back; let me know how things are. hugs, val

I'm sorry to ask, since this is my first night on here, but can you please set my information to private?? I'd really rather my name not be available to everyone.

Thank you so very much...

I'm sorry to ask, since this is my first night on here, but can you please set my information to private?? I'd really rather my name not be available to everyone.

Thank you so very much...

Yes, I will do so.

ModKonnie

Hi Mod Connie or Eric: I somehow managed to list "ALL" as friends ... just a dumb typing mistake. Could you tell me how to delete all the names and I'll then just reconstruct the short list of about 8 people that I actually wanted! Thanks so much,

Jane (User Name Jane A)

Hi Jane,

Did you already figure it out? I went to your friends list to see if I can help edit it, but I didn't see what you described. Let me know, and this may be a job for Eric, the tech guru.

ModKonnie

Hi Jane,

Did you already figure it out? I went to your friends list to see if I can help edit it, but I didn't see what you described. Let me know, and this may be a job for Eric, the tech guru.

ModKonnie

Thanks Konnnie: I didn/t fifgure it out, but somebody did, because it's looking quite normal now with just a few exceptions. So I assume the great GeekGurus there (Eric, was that you?) did something to fix it. Anyway, whoever did it for me, I really appreciate it!

Hi Eric...you helped me out a bit earlier when I couldn't post pictures. Now I can't make new paragraphs, use the colors or any other helps such as bolding, emoticons, or anything other than just straight typing. I can post photos, but everything else went away. Can you help? Carol mikesmomrs

Hi happy, I'm sorry your are having difficulty. Let's see if we can help! Scroll down the page, and click on the topic of your choice. Then, click on a message you'd like to read, or start one of your own by clicking "start new topic." I hope to see you soon on some of the forums. --ModKonnie

Guest nancyp43019

I am interested in removing, deleting my information (canceling my account) in the website but cannot locate information how to remove my information and account. Could please advise how to or send email to nancyp43019@yahoo.com so I can do? Thank you for all your help. Or if you can do the same as to canceling my membership/account here I would very much appreciate it.

Unbearable Pain, Up at the right top of the page, by your sign-in name is an upside down triangle. Click on it and then click on "My profile." Once you get into your profile, you will see "Edit Profile" near the right top. Click on that to make changes. Let me know if you have a problem. --ModKonnie

Is there a way to change the font size in the chat room? I can zoom the entire page but that causes other problems.

Thanks much!

Karen

Hi Sogovia, We do not have an introduction post. We have found most people like to go to the forum that best suites them and post an introduction in that particular forum. We welcome you! --ModKonnie

Wondering how to search for a certain day's thread? Thank you.