Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My first birthday without my mom

Sweetisabelle

• Members
Sweetisabelle

Today I turn 25, and yet my mom is not here. This is my first birthday without her and my heart is breaking. I don’t feel happy, I don’t feel like celebrating. I’ve cried so many times already, yet the day is not over. 

Im also a twin so I was able to distract myself for part of the day by baking for them. But now that I’ve stopped I’m drowning in sorrow. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my mom. Because of her I’m alive. 

She made so many scrafices to have kids. She put her life at risk to have kids and after trying and trying for many years we arrived. We were always called the “miracle” babies. I dont feel like celebrating me, if anything I should be celebrating my mom. 

I miss her so so much, I wish I could have one more day with her. I wish I could have told her how much I love and appreciate her. I miss you Mom 

• Members

My mum passed away yesterday. ****.

She had cancer and the last few days were so hard because she became totally unresponsive and that was when it really hit me. I still don't think I can quite process that she is gone. Where did she go? How can someone just stop existing? What's the point of all of this?

I'm 18, and she was 48. I had at least another 40 years with her. Life seems awfully long to be spent without her now.

I so wish I could tell her how much I love her, and I just want to hold onto her and never let go. She should be here with us now. I'm just hoping one day there is a world after this one and I can finally see her again. 

I'm sorry any of us have to go through this.

• Members

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Birthdays, holidays, and milestones can be really tough for those who have lost a loved one. I hope you were able to feel even a slight bit of peace or comfort that day. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
On 12/20/2017 at 10:46 PM, Whammy2 said:

My mum passed away yesterday. ****.

She had cancer and the last few days were so hard because she became totally unresponsive and that was when it really hit me. I still don't think I can quite process that she is gone. Where did she go? How can someone just stop existing? What's the point of all of this?

I'm 18, and she was 48. I had at least another 40 years with her. Life seems awfully long to be spent without her now.

I so wish I could tell her how much I love her, and I just want to hold onto her and never let go. She should be here with us now. I'm just hoping one day there is a world after this one and I can finally see her again. 

I'm sorry any of us have to go through this.

@Whammy2 I'm so sorry for your loss. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. I'm 18 too and also experiencing the loss of my mom (and my dad) and I know how hurtful it can be to feel like your time with someone is cut too short. You don't have to go through this alone. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

I lost my mum unexpectedly in November, now its my 40th in a few days and I really don't feel like celebrating. I dont feel like being happy, I don't really want to do anything. My friends keep asking what I have planned but I just want to sleep the day away. I miss my mum so much it hurts, she was my best friend.