Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just found out

Beauteous1987

• Members
Beauteous1987

I posted in the upcoming loss page but I guess that doesn't get much traffic, so I am reposting here. Just copy and pasting so the other post can be ignored. Thanks.

Just got home from visiting my mom. She had a tumor in her brain that was just discovered last week and operated on this week. It is glioblastoma, the most aggressive type of brain cancer. With treatment she has one to two years. Without treatment she has 4-6 months. She is not sure she wants treatment. She doesn't want more time if most of it is spent in treatment. I understand this intellectually but  not emotionally. I want my mommy. I want her to fight to the last minute. I want to know we did all we could to make her life as long as possible. But it's not my decision. My parents have made that clear. I respect that but it doesn't stop me from feeling this way.

• Members

Dear Beauteous1987,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. I know it is an extremely difficult time. It is only natural to want your mom to fight and be with you as long as possible. I'm sure its a terrible shock for her and your dad and it will take some time to come to terms with all the information they are receiving. For now, it will be a moment by moment way of being. It is so hard. I know you love your mom so much and who doesn't want their parent to live to 100. Thinking of you and your family. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Dear Beautious1987,

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. I can imagine how painful and frightening it is. You are entitled to how you feel. It's your mom, of course you want your mom for as long as possible. Know that this  is also extremely hard for your mom. Please cherish each day, each moment with your mom. Be with her, hug her, love her. Tell her how much you love her and what she means to you.  This must be extremely difficult for you but I hope you find needed support here.  Please take care of yourself. 

Sending you prayers.

Archived