Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just found out

Beauteous1987

• Members
Beauteous1987

Just got home from visiting my mom. She had a tumor in her brain that was just discovered last week and operated on this week. It is glioblastoma, the most aggressive type of brain cancer. With treatment she has one to two years. Without treatment she has 4-6 months. She is not sure she wants treatment. She doesn't want more time if most of it is spent in treatment. I understand this intellectually but  not emotionally. I want my mommy. I want her to fight to the last minute. I want to know we did all we could to make her life as long as possible. But its not my decision. My parents have made that clear. I respect that but it doesn't stop me from feeling this way.

• Members

Dear Beauteaous1987,

I am very sorry to hear about your mom's condition. I know its an extremely difficult time. Everything you are thinking and feeling is natural and normal when facing such shocking news. I hope you will consider reaching out to trusted family and friends. I don't know if you want to consider talking to a therapist or joining a support group.

Thinking of you and your family. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

I'm so sorry about your mom. 

My 32 year old sister in law was diagonosed with stage 2 glioma brain tumor Dec 21. Yesterday she had surgery and now they think it might be gliomablastoma stage 3. We have to wait 5 days to know for sure

My wife, her sister, is devastated and she's (my wife is) pregnant with our second child. 

I'm here for you as I too am in a similar situation. I don't know if my sister in law will accept treatment. It will be her choice in the end. 

Im at a loss for words and options but hopeful we can all use this resource to help one another. 

All my best, 

ST

• Members

I'm so sorry about your mom. This is such a difficult situation. My dad knew he was going to die and made a decision for no more treatments. It was painful for us to accept, but it was his decision. He didn't want to drag out the inevitable and was very concerned about what his situation would be later on if he were to "try" different treatments.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you try to cope.

Archived