Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ive lost to many people so heres another one

deadish

• Members

so my great grandma was my inspiration, she was 97, lost her husband at the age of 50 and still managed to live and be the happy person she was. despite the fact that she had a few health issues and had fallen a few times, she felt every one feel welcome. my family is very big, there's her, along with her 6 children (5 boys and a girl, one is my grandpa), many grandchildren, and 5 great grand children (me and my sister are one). she held us all together, even in the worst of times. about a week before my birthday, she started seeing visions and having pain in her leg. the night before my birthday, my grandma called, saying she needed a ride to her house. so we picked her up and headed strait in there. she was in bed sleeping peacefully. I overheard my aunt saying she had 4 hours left, that's when I broke down. I gave her the biggest hug I ever could and I didn't let go, I said my goodbyes, knowing when I woke up, she would be watching over me. I tried thinking on the Brightside, hey she was with my cousin now, and her husband. she lived a good life. but sometimes I cant let go and the holidays are going to be hard this year. especially for my grandpa, the oldest.

• Members

I am so very sorry about the loss of your precious great grandmother. She sounds like a wonderful, strong woman. You were so very fortunate to have her in your life. It will be very tough for your grandpa, but surrounded by his loved ones, including you, he will be okay. Just be sure and give him a good hug and be there for him. He will need you in the coming days, weeks and months. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived