Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my mom now I'm lost

MomsDancing

• Members

I lost my mom about a month and a half ago. She gained her wings on October the 26th. Nothing has been the same. Some days I am doing great and today I find myself completely numb. Today I don't want to be here anymore. The tough part to it all is I am a long time battler of depression as well as cutting. I just feel like all I want to do is curl up under a blanket and not come out. Just lay there and cry. I don't have anyone to help me through it. Its just me. Please help. 

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I know you're in a great deal of pain. Many here will be able to relate to you. 

My mom was my dearest friend and I lost her about a year ago. It hit me tremendously hard, with a pain I had never before felt. I was up and down for quite a while, but mostly devastated and heartbroken.  I'm still devastated and heartbroken, but a year into it I think I carry it differently. Early on, I was told to take it one day at a time, and it was sometimes one moment at a time. Soon after losing my mom, I found this forum and I found a grief group. I needed to know that people have experienced this, or something similar, and are getting through it. I'm glad you wrote to get some support. 

Please consider seeking individual and/ or group counseling to express your emotions in a healthy way and for the support. There is help out there. Please do that for yourself. It's all very overwhelming and grief is such an uncomfortable and difficult experience. The grief group gave me a place to get the support and coping mechanisms I needed, during the most painful time of my life. If you're in the US, Grief Share at www.griefshare.org has information and grief groups. 

Please take things one day at a time. Do the next right thing, no matter how small. Seek the support you need. And keep going.  

I pray your strength and comfort. 

• Members

Dear MomsDancing,

I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. I know its really hard right now. Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you in anyway we can. Please do what WhitB has suggested and consider reaching out for help. There are so many resources in the community and through church.

Sending you love and hugs at this very difficult time.

• Members

Dear MomsDancing,

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I know its extremely painful.  It is still extremely painful for me 11 months after losing my mom.  Some times the feelings are very raw.  Sometimes I'm completely withdrawn and want to hide away.  Other times I try to reach out.  I just began therapy because the depression became worse over time.  It is too soon to tell if it will help me but I needed to take a step.  I agree with Whit B and reader.  Try to find a support group.  I understand the pain of being left alone to cope with these really difficult and complex emotions.  I think it can help to talk about it.  Also know that we are here going through the same feelings.  some of us further along the path of grief.  We are here and we are reading your words.  This is a safe place to express yourself and read other peoples stories that can help understand the process of grief.

Archived