Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a farm animal

Tiana D.

• Members

Hi @Tiana D., I am so sorry about your loss of Casper. How sad that you didn't have a longer time with him. :( and that he got so sick and passed so suddenly.

It is nice knowing he was loved so much and that you were there for him and made him comfortable. I lost my cat and have little experience with other animals.

But, for me, whether a farm animal, cat, dog, bird, snake, hamster or other pet - losing a creature that we love and that brings us joy and gets joy from us is one of the hardest things about life. It is one of the best experiences we have in life... and then the loss is one of the hardest. I read your blog post, love the beautiful photos too. Thank you for sharing and I hope that you are doing okay and I wish you peace as you grieve his loss. I like to think Casper's spirit is with you at the farm.    

• Moderators

I have not had farm animals, but I can sure understand developing love for them.  To me, animals are the most wonderful creatures.  There is a small farm down the street from me (I live in the country) and I enjoy visiting the goats and sheep every day, there's cows, chickens, ducks, geese, and it's one of the highlights of my dog's and my day.  We don't get to see the cows and calves as they're in the back and not visible from the road, except for the times they've gotten out and us neighbors have helped round them up.  We get attached, how can we not.  This little calf knew it was loved.

Archived