Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my dad at 15

jackpatton01

• Members

I feel like there’s so many missed opportunities my life is f’d up and i just don’t feel like living because of so many other things on top of my mind right now. i don’t get to see my mom and i feel like my dad hated me. my family expects so much out of me right now . it’s been 6 months and i’m 16 now. i just wanna die

• Members

Dear Jack,

I know you are hurting. Please know you are not alone. Please consider reaching out to a trusted friend or family member. There is help in the community and through church. People care and they want to help.

Losing a parent is a lonely experience. There are so many raw emotions and all the pain and sorrow feel overwhelming. I hope you will reach out and get help.

Please know we are all here to listen and support you. We are thinking of you.

• Members

Dear Jack,

I went through a time where I felt as you do. I didn’t want to live, and I felt as though at that moment my mother hated me. Two years later she’s gone and even though we repaired our relationship, I missed out on so much because of how I felt. She was always sick too, so I missed a lot of things other kids got to do with their parents. Focus on yourself, life isn’t over because of this; I know you feel as though your dad hated you, but I’m sure this wasn’t the case. I just lost my mom at 18 almost a month ago, so I’m new to this severe grief, and at times I question my life, but I’m continuing on because that’s all there is to do. It’s hard to be so young, I know, but there’s a life to live, and I’d like to believe your dad and my mother are watching over us as we make them proud. Even if you think he hated you, I’m sure he’d love to see you do well in life. I’m here if you need to talk, and like others recommended to me, I recommend for you to look for grief support. It’s a path that shouldn’t be walked alone, it’s okay to look for help. Stay strong, keep pushing through. Thinking of you.

Archived