Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My daddy passed away

stephiphi

• Members

I live at the other side of the world, in Rio de Janeiro. A 13 hours flight from home. Yesterday, 18th of november, I received the worse phone call I could ever have received. My mom telling me that my daddy passed away, suddenly, in his sleep of a heart attack. This huge distance anestesiates my pain because here nothing reminds me of him but this pain is already undescribable. Tonight I’m taking a plane to go home and it’s going to be the worse plane trip ever with a 4 hour lay-over all by myself and a total of 17 hours travelling by myself. I’ll be seeing those clouds and thinking about him.  I can’t imagine the shock and the pain that will go through my heart arriving at the airport and not seeing my dad, just my mom and my brother with their sad faces, with their pain. I’ll go home and find everything of my daddy and not see him, ever again. I can’t imagine that this is my life from now on, that is the reality I will have to face from now on. The holiday season is around the corner and it’s going to be so much tougher, every year, Christmas, New Years, birthdays, will never be the same anymore.  He was young, 62, in perfect health and so many dreams to realize with my mom. Life is so unfair! :,( 

Rest in peace daddy 

49066BE9-1CDA-4811-9A12-4F5DC5F8B470.jpeg

• Members

Dear Stephiphi,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  yes life is brutally unfair.  I know how you feel as I live in another country from my mother and travelled after I got the call she died.  All the things you said, I felt.  Life is forever changed for me.  10 months later it is not easier.  Going to her house and her not being there.  Packing up her house, the funeral its all traumatic.  So sorry for your loss.

• Members
On 11/19/2017 at 7:12 AM, stephiphi said:

I live at the other side of the world, in Rio de Janeiro. A 13 hours flight from home. Yesterday, 18th of november, I received the worse phone call I could ever have received. My mom telling me that my daddy passed away, suddenly, in his sleep of a heart attack. This huge distance anestesiates my pain because here nothing reminds me of him but this pain is already undescribable. Tonight I’m taking a plane to go home and it’s going to be the worse plane trip ever with a 4 hour lay-over all by myself and a total of 17 hours travelling by myself. I’ll be seeing those clouds and thinking about him.  I can’t imagine the shock and the pain that will go through my heart arriving at the airport and not seeing my dad, just my mom and my brother with their sad faces, with their pain. I’ll go home and find everything of my daddy and not see him, ever again. I can’t imagine that this is my life from now on, that is the reality I will have to face from now on. The holiday season is around the corner and it’s going to be so much tougher, every year, Christmas, New Years, birthdays, will never be the same anymore.  He was young, 62, in perfect health and so many dreams to realize with my mom. Life is so unfair! :,( 

Rest in peace daddy 

49066BE9-1CDA-4811-9A12-4F5DC5F8B470.jpeg

Stephiphi,

Our situations have a lot in common. I lost my Dad suddenly on 11-12-17. It was completely unexpected and I was numb & in shock while flying to my parents house in FL. Our hometown is in MO so although we didn't live in different countries,  we were in different states.  Being in their house without him and seeing his closet full of clothes, the fridge stocked with his favorite food & drink, pictures of him with friends & family had me sick to my stomach. I could not believe my Dad was not going to step out onto the lanai with a beer and shot of Crown Royal to toast with me like he always did! 

We recently had our family Christmas while my Mom was in town and although the kids loved it I did not. Nothing is the same and it is going to take me a long time to accept my dad is dead and I need to let him go. He would have turned 69 on January 2nd so like your Dad, he should have been around for many more years! Life is truly unfair.

Remember the living in your family need you and this forum is here to remind you that you are never alone.  Please, update from time to time as to how you are feeling and take life one day at a time. 

Archived