Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Angry because I fail

ryan_vice

• Members

I used to be capable of doing common household work, be it fixing a short circuit, repairing stuff, installing new systems but lately, my anger has increased by tremendous amounts. I find it hard to concentrate after I screw something up. The other day, I was trying to unclog my drains which I could do easily before and I failed and my temper scaled to the point which led me to throw the plunger into the yard. This pissed off my parents which made the situations worse. These rage episodes have been around a lot after I lost my sister last year.

I live in the city of Markham and I'm thinking about hiring plumbing services company that I found online. Any other recommendations? I'm so angry atm and can;t think straight

• Members

Dear Ryan,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved sister is very hard.  The anger you are experiencing is part of grief.

Please know you are not alone. Have you considered talking to a grief counsellor? Or joining a support group?

I find these websites helpful in understanding my pain and sorrow. What's Your Grief and The Grief Healing Blog.

Be kind to yourself. Don't push too hard. The raw emotions take time to work through.

Leave the household stuff for now, they are not going anywhere. Hopefully a friend or another family member can step in to help with these.

• Members

Thank you for your help. When I get mad, I hop on to the internet. The hunt for the plumber still continues. Good day, reader.

• Members

Dear Ryan,

You are welcome. Take care of yourself.  And about the plumber maybe try the Better Business Bureau in your area to find a good and reputable place to help you.

Hope you are feeling better.

Archived