Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Baby

Browneyedgirl29

• Members
Browneyedgirl29

My brother's last child was born a couple days ago. The last piece of him left on earth. His second daughter. I haven't met her yet. But I've seen the pics and she looks just like him. I know people think that it's just my "wishful thinking". But I really do think she has his face. A little slice of him still here. There aren't many words. I'm nervous about seeing her. I don't know how I'll react. I'll love her to pieces regardless. But my heart breaks for what he'll be missing. He was such a good daddy to their first little girl. I can only imagine what the new baby would've had with him. 

• Members

Awww. Congratulations on the birth of your niece; how very sad for your family he can't be here for her. As she grows, you will find many ways she is like him, I'm sure. And you are right--she's a part of him that continues on--his legacy. I bet she does look like him--why would she? 

Let us know how you felt when you met her! 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members
Browneyedgirl29

Pictures don't do her justice. It is UNCANNY. I held her today and looked at her face and it's him made over. Bittersweet is the word that comes to mind. She has his tan complexion (me and my brother are mixed,  his father different and also a different race than mine). She has a headfull of dark hair,  my brothers was black. I can't wait to see what color her eyes end up being, my brother's were gray (which made him popular among the ladies,  old and young, lol).  I hate to compare her to him in every aspect,  but how can I not? I realize she is her own person and I'll never treat her as anything other than HER. But I feel I'll always look for similarities; I do it with his other daughter too. I keep them to myself for the most part,  because like I said,  I don't want them to think all I see when I look at them is him. I'll always see my two beautiful little nieces. 

Archived