Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Video Tribute of My Sudden Loss of Milo

Milo

• Members

Thank you for letting me share my special memories of my best friend Milo. I had to say goodbye to him suddenly on Saturday 10/28 because of a stroke my heart aches so very much knowing I will never see my little hero again. He was my first dog/ Maltipoo - Maltese, Poodle mix. I purchased him in 2005 when I was single and lonely. I went into one of those puppy stores driving home one day and they had all the dogs running around in a fenced in area. I went up to the fence and this little white dog came running over to me jumped up on the fence looked at me with those puppy eyes and the rest is history.  I spent a wonderful 12.5 years with the most loving friend I could ever have. Thank you Milo my Bud for picking me that day!  I put together this video tribute for him using smile box.  It made me both smile and cry. Click on links below to view.  Thank you for watching and allowing me to share my loving memories of my best friend Milo while I grieve and hope it helps with your pain. I think we can all relate with the words of the song...... Kevin

http://www.smilebox.com/play/4e4455334f544d344d54553d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link&partner=smileboxdrt 

• Members
littlelukkreung

That was a beautiful tribute.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sudden losses are so difficult to handle but after watching that video, it was clear he had an amazing life. He was a very handsome boy!

• Members

I love the tribute to your fur baby!!!!!! I'm very sorry for your loss, he was so beautiful and spoiled LOL!!!! May he rest in peace......!!!!!!

• Members

Hi there, I had to put my chihuahua down today and am not in a good place right now. Could really use someone to talk to that knows what I'm going through. 

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss of Milo.  It is so hard to lose them, we feel it deep within.  I have shed many tears over my losses.

Kcnmike, I am sorry for your loss too.  I think all of us here know what you are going through, we've all been there, it's the hardest thing in the world.

• Members

Kcnmike so sorry to hear about the loss of your angel.  its okay to cry your eyes out.  I did and still do.  Its been been 7 days so its still raw. I was finally able to pick up Milo's ashes in his urn and bring him home so sad at first but I made a little memorial for him and put him on the dresser by my bed so I feel comforted knowing he is here.  They say time makes it easier to deal with the pain of our loss.  Try to think of the great, fun times you had with your Angel and knowing he is in Rainbridge having fun with new friends until you/we catch up with them again.  I now know Milo's my Angel now smiling down at me and still following me everywhere I go,

littlelukkreung, MarvaMag, KayC thank you for kindness and support

• Members

Milo and KayC, thanks for your kind words of comfort. Day 2 is worse because I know I wont get to see my baby Mya today. I haven't slept or ate since she was hospitalized 3 days ago. I can't. I just feel like i have to suffer because she suffered. This sucks so bad. I just want to go to sleep and never wake up so I can be with her again and not feel this way.

• Members
15 hours ago, Milo said:

Thank you so much he was spoiled:-) I still can't believe he's gone.

I am so sorry for your loss of your Milo. Your tribute to him is so sweet and touching. Please be comforted knowing he had a wonderful life .

• Members
38 minutes ago, Kcnmike said:

Milo and KayC, thanks for your kind words of comfort. Day 2 is worse because I know I wont get to see my baby Mya today. I haven't slept or ate since she was hospitalized 3 days ago. I can't. I just feel like i have to suffer because she suffered. This sucks so bad. I just want to go to sleep and never wake up so I can be with her again and not feel this way.

Kcnmike I am so sorry for your Mya. I totally understand how you feel, I felt this way too after I lost my kitty. But self-punishment is not a way to deal with grief, neither is death-wish, though I understand them both .It is not going to bring them back . Your doggy loved you ,he wouldn't want to see you suffer too. I know the pain is too much to handle, I am still going through this too and so does everyone in this forum. You just have to hold on and take it one day at a time .Let yourself cry and grieve, let the pain out. Come here to write when you need company. And please be kind to yourself, this is a very difficult time.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Kcnmike said:

I just feel like i have to suffer because she suffered.

I understand.  They say the depth of our grief equals the depth of our love.  I do know our grief doesn't bind us to them, our love does, so my hope is that you will find comfort and strength and encouragement that will help you truly live again.  This is a journey that knows no time, it takes longer than I ever would have realized "before" but I hardly remember "before" because my losses started when I was really really young, just 15 but have escalated as time has gone by.  By the time we reach old age, we've lost so many.  But there are always those that hit us the hardest, and my husband was that to me...I know that losing my current dog will be very hard hitting as well.  The grief does seem to equate to the love we have with them.

• Members

Its been exactly one week since I had to say goodbye to my little angel.  Having a really bad day.  Talked to the Vet on Friday and he told he was sorry he got it wrong.  I can't help but think if I took him somewhere else he would still be here today. I feel so guilty and I am so sorry I didn't do enough for him.

• Members

You did the best you could for him, please don't feel guilty. But sometimes, with our pets, no matter what we do, it isn't enough, because we cannot control their circumstances.If your doggie had a stroke maybe this would have happened anyway , even if you had taken him to another vet. You can never know. Try not to torture yourself.The grief is already so unbearable. I pray that you find  peace.

• Members

I am so sorry to hear about Milo. I watched your video last night. What a sweetheart! 

So, regarding the vet... it is very common and easy for us to start saying, "what if." I don't know all the specifics of what happened but even so, I know that second guessing and guilt makes the grieving process even that much soul crushing.

We lost our cat in a sudden, horrific way and I was frantic after we put him down about what happened, why, how, the timing, the vet, on and on. I was so devastated. I didn't eat for days. I hope you do not go there now. Of course you did everything you could for him. People are human, including the vet, they do the best they can with what they know at the time. You only wanted the absolute best for Milo. No amount of hating on yourself will bring him back - and not just back - but healthy and young again. :( 

After we lost our cat, it felt like a dark drape was thrown over the whole world. I totally know your pain. Dates like a week later, two weeks later... etc. were very hard for me too. Everything was (and still is) "before" and "after" we lost him. I loved my cat to pieces and even I am shocked at my level of devastation because I knew he would not live forever. My point is, I know how hard this is. Come back and share. (I sure have! I had to get out my pain and feelings of loss.) We will read and do what we can to help you. It is not an easy road to lose someone with whom you had such an incredible bond. 

• Members
On 11/3/2017 at 0:26 PM, Kcnmike said:

@Kcnmike, so sorry to read about your loss here of Mya. I didn't eat or sleep for a few days after we lost our sweet cat. I was sick.

Of course you don't have to suffer but you can't help but grieve. It is a huge loss. We all know intellectually animals do not live long lives compared to us. But then when it happens and we lose them, it is crazy! It is an empty-ness that you cannot comprehend until they are no longer there. I wish I could take away your pain somehow. You just survive moment by moment, day by day. And, come here and write more if it helps. We read and we understand. We are all moving through loss like you. 

Archived