Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a 17 yr old

Jannit

• Members

I lost my son on the 14 th August 2017 , he went out for a birthday dinner and never came back, he had  an asthma attack  which lead to a cardiac, and that was it he was gone. I hate the emptiness, anguish,sadness,anger, loss and all the other emotions I encounter on a daily basis.  I've lost my beautiful and funny child and I'm totally lost right now. How on earth am I expected to function as if life still has a purpose.

• Members
TearsInHeaven

Jannit,I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I know the loss is devastating.  This early grief is raw and most times you are brought to your knees. One day at a time....or one hour...or one minute is all you need to manage right now. Come and join the most active thread-Loss of a Child- Loss of an Adult Child. There are many parents there who have come together to share,  to speak and or listen to each other as we try to make our way thru this path of grief. , I lost my son almost three years ago. In the beginning I felt like I was at the bottom of a deep well and no one could hear my heart scream.  While it doesn't seem like there is a way through, you will find small steps....sometimes 2 steps forward but 3 steps back....Grief is as unique for you as your son and your love for him is unique.  

• Members

Tearsinheaven is right there is lots of care and support on loss of an adult child thread we have daily posts and it keeps us in the same place so relationships can develop. I am so sorry about your son. Sudden loss is even harder to accept you keep expecting them to walk through the door and it will have been just a bad dream, but sadly it is a new reality. Finding a purpose comes quite a bit later on, for now you have to try and keep yourself together and make it through one day at a time. Your emotions will swing wildly for a long time it is your minds way of trying to process everything and it cannot be acheived all at once because it is too overwhelming. let all those emotions out as keeping them in is very toxic to both your physical and mental health. You are still so very new to losing your child it feels like you have gone crazy. You feel out of control often powerless, angry, devastated, confused, resentful and a host of other feelings. be kind to yourself, there is no rush to grieving it evolves and changes over time. You will miss your boy for the rest of your life but know he is still beside you every day watching over you and one day many years from now you will see him again and be able to hug him in real time.

3712595c70829ea815f478f6ab740e9a--loss-grief-quotes-grief-loss.jpg.55aed8f563eedc3f8c734d6390c3e1b2.jpg5284b4b0dc2a8a31feef924048bc48af--perfect-sayings-great-sayings.jpg.f8d803c756b371294e71fadc5a091a30.jpg

• Members

I’m so sorry for your loss words will never alíviate the pain of your child’s loss .. the hurt wil be there .. I can relate .. I loss my Daughter too .. she had a Asthma attack on a April spring day .. I ask myself daily if I can turn back time and prevent what happen .. the pain and heartache never leave is so hard .. I hope we can be of some comfort to each other .. I pray that   Gods loving hand pass through us today .. I’m sorry if your not religious  .. I just wanted to pray for you 

• Members

jannit reaching out to others is a major step it shows you want to be heard and understood and feel support and this forum will do exactly that. We have all been where you find yourself now and it is a scary lonely place where you feel out of control and unsure if how you feel is normal or just crazy. Know there are others who are there to help when you need it ok?

• Members

jannit and ginajull13 this is for youwhen-life-knocks-you-down-get-back-up-quotes-1000-images-about-when-life-knocks-you-down-on-pinterest-its.jpg.3ec6525d6efec06dbdb00441a3441a31.jpg

Archived