Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Helpless

Patti14

• Members

Yesterday was so difficult. My husband's daughter who I considered my daughter to stopped talking to her father and I several months back. My husband didn't even know he had a daughter until she was 13. She came to live with us when she was 14. She ran away several times and hurt us a lot. She will be 21 in December. My husband had been so worried about her.  He just wanted to know she was safe. When he passed away she did not come to his memorial. I called his parents yesterday to check on them. His Mom said she called them crying and upset about her Dad. I don't even know how she got their number because she has never called them before. My heart sank and I felt the way I did the day he died. She has not reached out to me at all. I was hoping she didn't know and that's why she didn't come to his memorial and why she didn't reach out. I am so hurt and my heart breaks for my husband that she treated him that way. This is bothering me so bad and I don't know what to do. I just wanted him to hold me yesterday and tell me everything was going to be ok. I also saw on her old Facebook a message that my husband put on there 10 days before he passed away asking for people to help him find his daughter because he even worried about her and wanted to know where she was. It's cold here this morning and that makes me miss him even more if that is even possible.

• Members

Patti, I am sorry that you are having a difficult time. Have you tried reaching out to your husband's daughter? Just letting her know that she can come to you and talk about her dad, will give you a little peace in the knowledge that you tried. I know this is hard, but sometimes all we can do is reach out, step back and allow the situation to work itself out. Maybe, after awhile, she will reach out back to you. This might be her first experience with loss, which has hit her very hard and is causing a lot of confusion in her. She is grieving and might just need time to process her loss in her way.

Sending prayers to you for continued strength and comfort.

• Members
5 minutes ago, KMB said:

Patti, I am sorry that you are having a difficult time. Have you tried reaching out to your husband's daughter? Just letting her know that she can come to you and talk about her dad, will give you a little peace in the knowledge that you tried. I know this is hard, but sometimes all we can do is reach out, step back and allow the situation to work itself out. Maybe, after awhile, she will reach out back to you. This might be her first experience with loss, which has hit her very hard and is causing a lot of confusion in her. She is grieving and might just need time to process her loss in her way.

Sending prayers to you for continued strength and comfort.

She blocked us from Facebook and we had no idea where she moved to or her phone number. I have reached out through people I know she talks to. 

• Members

Patti, I am sorry. Maybe in time, she will reach out. All we can do is pray and let things work out as they are meant to.

• Members
9 minutes ago, KMB said:

Patti, I am sorry. Maybe in time, she will reach out. All we can do is pray and let things work out as they are meant to.

It has me so sad and upset. I just want my husband here to hold me. I am at work balling my eyes out. 

• Moderators

Patti,

That's very hard.  Your husband wanted to know she's safe, apparently she is, he can be consoled by that.  Try not to worry about her, she knows where you are if she wants to contact you.  (((hugs)))

• Members

I will say that not going to the memorial doesn’t mean she didn’t care. Some people simply cannot do funerals. My wife was that way. She didn’t go her grandmother or uncle’s funerals and she loved them both dearly. It’s just too much for some people to handle. I hope it works out that she gets in contact eventually.

• Members
33 minutes ago, Djh0901kc said:

I will say that not going to the memorial doesn’t mean she didn’t care. Some people simply cannot do funerals. My wife was that way. She didn’t go her grandmother or uncle’s funerals and she loved them both dearly. It’s just too much for some people to handle. I hope it works out that she gets in contact eventually.

I get that some people can't do funerals. It's the way she treated him before for many years. It just hurts that she hasn't reached out.

Archived