Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't seem to cope

JustMe1

• Members

I’m sorry you’re going through a rough breakup. I believe that this forum is mostly for people who had a partner pass away but a breakup can still be traumatic. I hope you’re able to realize that you may be better off without the guy who sounds like a bit of a jerk. Stay positive.

• Members

JustMe1,  It is okay. When I joined this forum, it took me a bit to get to know how to navigate here as well. I am sorry for what you are going through.

• Members
1 hour ago, JustMe1 said:

I don't know how to delete an entire topic i posted.  So I'll just leave this here.  I posted in the wrong place.  Sorry.

No need to apologize.  I can remember wanting to respond to a post with this rather long message and hit the delete button instead of the send.  Don't give it a second thought!

• Moderators

@JustMe1

My daughter lost her baby and then her husband left her.  They were together 17 years.  There are many similarities between her grief and mine.  I can't see my husband in this life or talk to him.  But my husband didn't choose to leave me.  Both losses are hard.  Sometimes when someone treats us wrong, it hurts like the dickens but eventually we begin to heal and our anger at the injustice or betrayal can help fuel our getting over them.  My daughter is not quite there yet, it's been six months since he left.

I am sorry for your loss and I hope you found the section you're looking for and get some comfort and encouragement.
This is a good article...most of the time we change throughout the process but this is a good starting point:
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/second-chances/250552-reconciliation-list

Archived