Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Advice needed

Marlley

• Members

Hi there. A little backstory. My mother passed away 3 years ago unexpectedly. My two older brothers and I are all married and on our own. My parents were married for 41 years. We are all trying to cope with the loss as it is hard and we all do this differently.

• Members

Dear Marlley,

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I think losing a parent is one of the hardest things in the world to come to terms with. Talking with friends and a therapist I feel like losing a parent can take years to come to terms with. Regardless of our station in life and what we have or don't have, there are lot of emotions that come up. Please know there is no right way or wrong way to grieve. If possible try to let your brothers be and let yourself feel whatever you are feeling in the moment. If you want to maybe consider talking to a grief therapist or joining a support group.

Take care.

Archived