Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The best explanation so far

TooDevastated

• Members
TooDevastated

Listening to one of Neil deGrasse Tyson's talks today, I realised that the dimensional odyssey he explains is as scientific as an explanation of an afterlife can get. I am a scientist who looked down on the notions of afterlife and souls my whole life. Thus, the sudden death of my 35 years old boyfriend had been even more tragic. Believing that he is simply gone and perished had hurt so much that I even had to turn to many medium-ish/ spiritual books. In time (and also having received so many signs and dreams), I have come to accept that there must be a form of existence and that the dead are not just gone. Anyway. Listening this talk on an exercise in quantum physics has made me even more hopeful that I wanted to share this with everyone on the forum. It has also made me realise what superficial picture of the universe our daily experiments draw in the lab. I hope it makes some of you feel a bit more hopeful as well because I know there are many skeptics and it makes the whole deal even harder on us. 

So here is the dimensional odyssey: Imagine that you're at your desk. Your desk is a surface. And you start putting pages down on the desk. You're tiling them on the desk and then you run out of room. You have exhausted the two dimensions of the surface of your desk. But you have ways of accommodating this problem. You have page organisers that go upwards. So nowi you don't have any surface area of the desk, you can enter a third dimension and put pages there. But, if I am an ant embedded in this two dimensional world of the surface of your desk, and you fill up the desk with these sheets of paper, I will say "there is no more room". And you say "Yes, there is. Watch me". And you tae a piece of paper off the desk, put it in the page organiser, and according to me, the ant embedded in the two dimensions, that page has disappeared. It has disappeared into a dimension that the ant does not have access to. If there an alien-being living in the fouth dimension, she could tell help you move the page organisers into the fourth dimension once your desk is full of the page organiser boxes and you can no longer accommodate any more papers even in 3D. 

Physicists say we need at least ten dimensions to account for the phenomena we observe in the universe. But this has made me hopeful that our loved ones might have just entered into another dimension that we cannot observe in this 3D body. I am sure most of you has heard similar stuff. But put in this way, in this simple structure, I liked it a lot. 

• Members
1 hour ago, TooDevastated said:

Listening to one of Neil deGrasse Tyson's talks today, I realised that the dimensional odyssey he explains is as scientific as an explanation of an afterlife can get

Even though I do not have a scientific background, I do appreciate your input. Maybe you might wish to check out the www.foreverfamilyfoundation.org website. It has only been recently that the scientific community has been finally accepting evidence of proof of life via other dimensional realms. This site blends both science and the spiritual. The site offers a free grief guidebook/workbook along with interesting videos.:)

• Members

Is it a TEDtalk or on Cosmos or on his podcast? NDT is actually someone I have a great deal of respect for. No offense to fff but it can lean a little too spiritual for me. Hearing hard science makes me feel good

• Members
4 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

Listening to one of Neil deGrasse Tyson's talks today, I realised that the dimensional odyssey he explains is as scientific as an explanation of an afterlife can get. I am a scientist who looked down on the notions of afterlife and souls my whole life. Thus, the sudden death of my 35 years old boyfriend had been even more tragic. Believing that he is simply gone and perished had hurt so much that I even had to turn to many medium-ish/ spiritual books. In time (and also having received so many signs and dreams), I have come to accept that there must be a form of existence and that the dead are not just gone. Anyway. Listening this talk on an exercise in quantum physics has made me even more hopeful that I wanted to share this with everyone on the forum. It has also made me realise what superficial picture of the universe our daily experiments draw in the lab. I hope it makes some of you feel a bit more hopeful as well because I know there are many skeptics and it makes the whole deal even harder on us. 

So here is the dimensional odyssey: Imagine that you're at your desk. Your desk is a surface. And you start putting pages down on the desk. You're tiling them on the desk and then you run out of room. You have exhausted the two dimensions of the surface of your desk. But you have ways of accommodating this problem. You have page organisers that go upwards. So nowi you don't have any surface area of the desk, you can enter a third dimension and put pages there. But, if I am an ant embedded in this two dimensional world of the surface of your desk, and you fill up the desk with these sheets of paper, I will say "there is no more room". And you say "Yes, there is. Watch me". And you tae a piece of paper off the desk, put it in the page organiser, and according to me, the ant embedded in the two dimensions, that page has disappeared. It has disappeared into a dimension that the ant does not have access to. If there an alien-being living in the fouth dimension, she could tell help you move the page organisers into the fourth dimension once your desk is full of the page organiser boxes and you can no longer accommodate any more papers even in 3D. 

Physicists say we need at least ten dimensions to account for the phenomena we observe in the universe. But this has made me hopeful that our loved ones might have just entered into another dimension that we cannot observe in this 3D body. I am sure most of you has heard similar stuff. But put in this way, in this simple structure, I liked it a lot. 

So if there are 10 dimensions how do we know we will end up with our loved ones.

• Members
TooDevastated
43 minutes ago, Patti14 said:

So if there are 10 dimensions how do we know we will end up with our loved ones.

We dont know. Science does not even tell us that they are in a higher dimension. I found it promising though, that there is room for such a belief in science having never believing in a compatibily and religion myself. It has made me feel better... There might be room for other forms of existence but we just dont know.

• Members
TooDevastated
2 hours ago, Djh0901kc said:

Is it a TEDtalk or on Cosmos or on his podcast? NDT is actually someone I have a great deal of respect for. No offense to fff but it can lean a little too spiritual for me. Hearing hard science makes me feel good

I will find it and send you the link Djh.

• Members
13 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

We dont know. Science does not even tell us that they are in a higher dimension. I found it promising though, that there is room for such a belief in science having never believing in a compatibily and religion myself. It has made me feel better... There might be room for other forms of existence but we just dont know.

True. Thanks for sharing.

• Members
TooDevastated
3 minutes ago, Djh0901kc said:

Thanks!

Maybe its just me. But I find the scientific possibility that there might be other forms of existence quite relieving. More relieving than the spiritual confirmations of an afterlife even! 

Not to say that I look down on spirituality. What I have experienced in these last months has made me feel a sort of after life existence. But it is nice to be able to rationalise that possibility.

I should also mention NDT doesnt use this dimension odyssey to "explain" or to "refer to" afterlife. He simply says.. Our senses wouldnt be able to comprehend that sort of reality.

• Members

It means a lot more to me to hear something like that from someone like him than to hear visions of spirit worlds from physics and mediums. To each their own. Just my own priorities 

• Members

Any dimension - I will go and look for him. Just as long as I can see him again. I am trying to pick myself up and not because I start to love myself but because I love him and I knew he will want me to be able to live a life. Is going to be hard without him (and he would want to be here with me) but I know he is in my heart and may not be here physically but he is here spiritually. I want to be able to look in his eyes when I meet him again that I have made him proud. Is not an easy riding on this lonely roller coaster ride. I missed him everyday single min. It been 4 mths since he passed and I know I will still have a many more crying. Looking at the photos with his smiles.... 

• Members
4 hours ago, Patti14 said:

I think the different dimensions are for specific life forms. There is a dimension for us, humans. There is evidence of aliens, the government definitely has that proof in a secret underground area. They of course would go to their own dimension. This earth is not the only planet in the infinite universe with life.

• Members
21 minutes ago, KMB said:

I think the different dimensions are for specific life forms. There is a dimension for us, humans. There is evidence of aliens, the government definitely has that proof in a secret underground area. They of course would go to their own dimension. This earth is not the only planet in the infinite universe with life.

I hope all of us humans are on one dimension.

• Moderators

I'm glad it helped you grasp something you hadn't been able to before.  It does help to expand our way of thinking and looking at things.  We need hope above all.

Archived