Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My mom passed away 3 years ago and now my dad just passed away in August. I'm 20 years old and I feel alone.

Shirley27

• Members

Hi, I'm Shirley Kibler and I'm 20 y.o. someone told me to find a place where I can talk to other people that have lost both of their parents. I just need someone that can relate to my pain. Please feel free to respond. My mom passed away when she was 49 y.o. and my dad just passed away at the age of 90. 

• Members

Dear Shirley,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It must be brutal to lose both your parents so young.  I really feel for you.  Many of us who are older can attest that its still devastating losing your parent when you're older.  We still feel alone and lost and life feels meaningless.  We are all struggling trying to come to terms with what it all means and how to go on.  I don't have any answers but here is a good place to share with others and write how you feel.  We are listening.

• Members

Dear Shirley,

My deepest sympathies and condolences on the loss of your mom and dad. I'm very sorry for your losses. Please know that everything you are feeling and thinking is part of grief. It is only normal to feel lonely after losing your beloved dad and mom. I feel it too and its been almost a year since my father passed. I know it's hard, but please know there are resources in the community and through church. If you feel like it, maybe consider counselling or joining a support group. Please know you are not alone. I also find these websites a great resource in understanding my feelings:

What's Your Grief

The Grief Healing Blog

Grief in Common

GriefShare

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived