Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
blue-2017

my younger brother...

Hello everyone. I don't know where to start from and not even sure if I'm ready to write something about my brother yet. Just thinking about him makes me so sad and brings me into tears.

My younger brother, who was in his 30's, passed away about a month and a half ago in late August, by heart attack.

It was so sudden. So unexpected.

He collapsed right in front of our front yard. If he could've walked 20 more seconds, he could've made it home.

He was on his way after work on a Monday. It was raining and dark, so he was not found for a while. My doorbell rang and someone told me he had no pulse, so I ran out and tried my best to recall the CPR I had learned long time ago while someone called the ambulance. Unfortunately, nothing worked, and at the emergency room, my parents and I were told the unbelievable tragic news.

We scattered his ashes in the sea, his favorite place. He would always travel to islands and beaches alone whenever he had holidays, and had one planned early this month too.

Though I am his elder sister, we spent a lot of time together and I have so much memories of him.

I still cannot believe he is gone. I feel like he is on his vacation and will come back home any second.

This feels so surreal. It's only been a short time since he left us, and I'm afraid how I can go on with my life without him around anymore.

It's very painful.

I try to be positive but it's not easy.

He was so young and so healthy and successful in his career. This happened so suddenly. He disappeared one day.

I pray for him, that he is happy and is enjoying without any worries wherever he is now.

Thank you for reading.

TeddTodd   

Dear Blue-2017, I have lost my loved one to heart attack 4 mths ago too. He has elder sister just like you. We talked about him and she shared their childhood memories. is sad how one beautiful life who had so much future ahead of them can be taken away so quickly. We will forever miss him.