Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Far away sick mother

Hassan

• Members

Hi friends. I moved to canada from Iran 5 years ago and I haven't seen my mom for 5 years . Today my brother called me and told me my mom is sick and she is in the hospital. I feel so bad. I dont know what to do. I cant go back to my country. 

• Members

Dear Hassan,

That's hard I'm sorry.  Can you speak to her on the phone?  Do you know how serious it is?  I hope she recovers quickly.

• Members

Dear Hassan,

I'm very sorry to hear about your sick mother. I can imagine its a terrible shock. May I ask why you can't go home? Is it financial? Or something to do with the political climate?

I'm not sure if you can Skype or Facetime or talk wit her on the phone. I hope you can find a way to make it back home to see her.

Thinking of you during this difficult time.

• Members

I'm gay so I couldn't live in my country because of my government. My brother said she has inflection in her blood and she is in ICU right know. He said I'll try to call you tomorrow to talk to her. I love my mom I'm not ready yet for her death. My boyfriend and I have nobody here. I'm supper scar :( 

i looked after of my mom for 15 years when my dad pased away. We were so close to each other but I couldn't live in my country anymore becuase of my sexuality. 

• Members

I'm so sorry Hassan. I know it's hard waiting for information regarding your mom's condition. Please know you have friends on this forum. We are all thinking of you and your mom.

• Members
2 minutes ago, reader said:

I'm so sorry Hassan. I know it's hard waiting for information regarding your mom's condition. Please know you have friends on this forum. We are all thinking of you and your mom.

Thank you so much 

• Members

Dear Hassan,

I'm so sorry you are not able to go back and see your mother, that must be so painful, I can't even imagine.  Governments and their cruel and inhuman laws, its so sad.  I hope you can at least speak to her today or tomorrow.  Your mother knows you love her.  It sounds like you were very close.  I very much hope she will recover.  

Archived